I am 40 years old and I am suffering from heart arrhythmia. I have been living with this condition for almost a year now, and I am ashamed to admit that the only things I know about this condition are those regarding therapy and medications. This is due to my many daily obligations in the company and home. I decided to get some info about it and doctor said that my arrhythmia is based on bigeminy. Could you explain this bigeminy a bit more to me?

In bigeminy, abnormal heart beats happens after a normal heart bit, so called 1, 2 tempo. Your abnormal beat probably refers to premature ventricular beat or contraction (PVC). There are other variants of this condition such as irregular beat after three normal (trigeminy), 2 irregular after 2 normal (bigeminal couplets), 4 irregular after 2 normal etc.

bigemeny heart diese