i had my gullbladder removed a year ago,the dr did not run the dye thru to make sure there were no blockages,for the next three days I was in so much pain that i could not handle it.they ran tests and found out I had a blockage in my bio ducts.they did another surgery and placed a biliary stent in and I was told that the stent would pass thru after about a month.Over a year later I get a letter from the dr. telling me to call at earliest convinence to schedule a ERCP to have the stent removed.should this stent have been left in for almost 14 monthes or did the dr mess up and forget about me.also is it my decision on weather or not i am put to sleep for the removel of the stent?

My stent was left in for 13 years with no followup from the doctor and i didnt even know there was one put i

Hello, I'm really sorry to hear this. The stent should be removed between 4-8 weeks maximum is 3 months. They are supposed to follow the ERCP up after they send you home with an appointment 3-4 weeks after stent placenta. If you have no adverse symptoms right now it's possible that the stent has passed through your system. Might be worth taking a scan to make sure it's there before another ERCP. Ask them why they left it so long as the stent isn't meant to be left in for more than 3 months. There is a name for this and it is called, Medical negligence. Please teach them a lesson! I am not an expert or qualified in any way, all this is just advice. I really hope you don't have any further complications.

I had my gallbladder removed in 2008 and a stent was placed well I was sent home and now it is 2015 and for the last three years of my life has been very painful I have been to doctors off and on with stomach pains that I thought was going to kill me I get chills all over my body when it hurts I can't eat or Even drink water now that it don't make me sick and after all this time I have been searching for a answer and the doctor that put the stent in never removed it

Hello sabrina I am going through this now what did u do and what happened ? I'm in hospital now and they are saying it was my fault for not coming back ? They never even told me about it. Please help.

Hello sabrina I am going through this now after 5 years and they finally found it was a stent in after gull surgery and they are blaming me for not following up and they never told me and if they did I did follow up do what did u do what happened ?