First I would like to say thank you for the readers who have read my previous topic regarding my husbands pancreas divisium. I am asking that anyone who reads this topic or my previous topic even if you don't have any advice, Can you please leave a word of encouragement? You or someone you love may be going through the pain or went through the pain of the pancreas not stopping long enough to get a good nights rest and the frustration of different meds to where you needed that extra word. If you think that I may be helpful in an encouraging word to your topic please by all means let me know the post and I will reply. I truly beleive what you give out you will get back to you. :-D Well now since my last post my husband has been somewhat of a knuckle head XD not wanting to listen to the doctors telling him to rest, (we own our own company so he is a workaholic. )The last visit to the dr. stated they would like to put the stent in a tube located near the pancreas. :-( panreas divisium creates pancreatits. Does anyone have any suggestions on the food they ate when they had pancreatits how long they were in the hospital and do you still have any attacks? Again any advice or a word of encouragement is greatly appreciated if not. Thank you for taking the time to read my topics, and I hope that whatever you or a loved one are going through keep the faith and remain with positive thoughts It could be a lot worse. Till my next post.........THIS TO SHALL PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!

My dear,
I canrelate. My husband spent most of 2008 with Acute Pancreatitis.
I hope by now your husband is feeling better. I can tell you that when the pancreas is so inflamed that the juices acn not flow, it is absolutely necessary to place a stand inside. The purpose, to keep the duct open so teh pancreas can process the food. Without this it is extremely dangerous.
When it comes to food, avoid spices and har to digest foods. remember the pancreatic juices process the food we eat and if they are affected, it is almost impossible to process anything we eat.
Stick to clear broth soups, no juices, no soda, no alcohol!!
Jello is ok..just bland food.
Hung in there.. it does go away if it is properly treated and if your husband
decides to take it easy..
Good luck and have faith that this is a treatable condition.
Mary

my husband too is going through issues with pancreatitis. he has spent 40 days of the last two months in the hospital.. after all of that time he has now been diagnosed with pancreas division which we are very thankful for and hope the sphinterotomy that was done will be helpful. after a week he still is having some aches and pains that we hope will go away, I am still living on the edge of my seat in fear that he may end up back in the hospital with pancreatitis and the pain it brings along with the week with out food which is so difficult to see him go through. My thoughts and prayers go out to all of the people and their loved ones who are going through this awful process.

I am going through what both of your husbands have been going through. It is not easy but you can make it through it. I am scheduled for stent placement on March 26. After years of pancreatitis, I am hoping this is the answer for me. I also have pancreas divisum. My suggestion on food at home is mainly liquids with no acid content. I also keep pedilyte in my refigerator at all times so I can try not to become dehydrated. Good luck to you all.

I am a 44 year old lady and got pancretitis after have and ercp. Then I had my gallbladder removed then they decided to put a stent on the pancreas and now they have to take it off. Now I am scared of catching Pancretitis again. blessings to all.. Granted this has been three different procedure and the gallbladder was a surgery. 

My situation is the same , but yet different. I have Pancreatic Divisium and due to that I have moderate sever chronic Panceatitus. Gallbladder removed two years ago. 6 ECRP's so far and several more to look forward to. They are trying to get the duct work open enough so that there will be drainage so that the Pancreatitus can take a break. Been following a fairy good diet. Certain easy digestible fruits and veggies and no oils, fats, meat, and grease. Goes pretty good most of the time. Tried some enzymes for digestive help, but they didn't work. Staying away from soda. Was told a glass of red wine a day would be good. I just don't enjoy the taste. The only thing that is keeping me going is laughter. Without it I would have a lot of depression issues. With all this going on you always have to look at the situation and think I could be worse. So take what you got and make the most of it. The day to day pain is there, without a doubt. I take a non narcotic pain med now that works for the bad times. Doesn't take it away, but helps me get through it a lot easier. I'll take all and any adivse anyone has to offer. My next ECRP is in 2 weeks!!!

I have pancreatitis, gastropatreisis, and diviticulosis. I am in chronic painand have been on reglan, erythromycin, creon to eat, morphine and oxycodone in high doses for chronic severe pain and now I am getting swollen lymph nodes, my stomach is full of them . I undergo cat scans, endoscopies consistently that I have had so many x-rays and cat scans they are watching for radiation cancer. hair does not grow on my legs or any part of my body anymore except my head. Now I may be facing lymphoma biopsy being scheduled. so I can relate to what you are going through with your husband. I am 52and have been sick for over 3 years and consistently getting worse have had colon resection. gallbladder removed and an abscess on my colon. every time I go to the doctor they seem to be diagnosing more problems. The surgeon wants to put a stent in my pancreas my GI doctor says it would be an 8 hour surgery and I will not live through it. I dropped 60 lbs in 3 weeks and fight to keep weight on. Any suggestions from your experiences on what I should do because for me there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel.

I went into severe acute pancreatitis last April. It almost killed me. All my organs shut down and I went on a vent. Spent 6 months in the hospital and have been in and out numerous times to date. In August I went into severe paratinitis secondary to Pancreatitis and all most died 2 more times. My wife has been my life line. I have had a MRCP to determine if a stent will be helpfull. I will find out in the morning. One thing I can suggest to any dealing with the pain these problems can cause is to go to your pain clinic and ask about a Ciliac Plexus Block. I have been in canstant severe pain for a year. Last week the did a test for this to se how helpfull it would be for me. It takes a few appointments before they do the permanent block but it was the first time in a year that I was PAIN FREE for about an hour and a half. I would incurage you to at least check on this for better pain control without pain meds. I hope this helps.

did you know you can live without your pancreas but you have to take pancreatic enzymes in tablet form before and after every meal ,just a thought

I went through a severe case of pancreatitis and still recovering. It hit me like a brick wall and I was rushed in to emergency. To make a long story short, After 12 days in the hospital they found I had gall stones and sludge so a stint was put in the gallbladder duct. A couple days latter I had my gallbladder removed. I was not allowed to have any food or water for about 13 days. They had an IV providing me water and electrolytes. The day after the surgery I started on a liquid diet.The day following a I gradually built up to some soft solids. If I were to become nauseated I would have had to stay longer in the hospital until my pancreas got better. Fortunately, the food did not cause a problem. I got to go home the next day but had to stay on a low fat diet eating small meals and gradually introducing various foods. Although I continued to feel some discomfort/pain, it wasn't too bad and I got better every day. About 15 days after the surgery almost all my discomfort was gone. Getting some limited exercise helped even more as long as I didn't over do it. Too much could really wear me down. We spoke to a nutritionist in the hospital who gave us some diet info. Basically, stay low fat and eat small meals 4-5 times a day.

I drove myself to the Er with such pain in my right side and back. I was admitted to the hosp after my panc enzymes were very high. I was   days in three days on iv and pain meds. I  had the ERCP. twice. Had sludge build up ( my gall bladder was taken out about 6 yrs ago)   then I had the ercp and they cleaned the sludge out and put the stints in. again admitted to hosp with such pain until that was under control. They did not want to take the stints out, but did think about it.

I am now waiting for the xray to be setup to see if the stints have passed on there own or if they need to go in and take them out.

I cannot seem to do even the simpliest chores whithout getting seveer pain. Does anyone knw IF the stints pass on there own if it causes pain?  I am hoping to have the xrays next week to see where things are at. I really do not want to go back to the Er with the pain again..  I feel so bad for anyone that has this and the pain andhops stays they ahve to go through

I realize this post is over 2 months later (7/6/14) but I just joined this group after about a 3-4 yr hiatus. I wanted to comment in regard to your question on wanting to know if there is pain when the stents pass on their own ?

I previously had a stent placed in Feb 2009 during my ERCP for SOD I (Papillary Stenosis). That stent was removed 2 wks later and I don't recall having much pain during that 2 wk period even though I did "feel" it from time to time.

Currently I am 4 wks post-ERCP w/stent placement and although I had very little pain at first, I am now having trouble laying down at all as I "feel" the stent. I also have had 2 bouts of diarrhea starting my 3rd week post-ERCP and then again today. I've had very little appetite and I experience bloating, (as if I ate a huge meal) and I've lost over 10 lb as a result.

I think it is my stent causing these problems and I emailed my dr in MN today who performed my ERCP, asking him to contact my local GI who removed my stent 5 years ago. Hopefully I will get a response tomorrow as I am getting more & more uncomfortable physically, as well as mentally.

I hope that you have completely recovered by now and able to enjoy life again.

Please let me know how you are if you happen to read this.

Best,
Kindel ;0)

I have gone through this my self.Foods clear fluids soup broth and fir sure get the stent.They can only leave it in for three months so be ready to have to have it removed which can make pancreatitis flair . I know that sounds bad but the pain goes away while stent is in so it is worth it for sure.The pain of pancreatitis is worst then child birth I would not wish it on my worst enemy. Tell your husband no alcohol what so ever.Alcohol dehydrate your body causing pancreatitis to flair up.Hang in there its hard but he can live with this and get through it.

I'm a 36 year old woman n I was diasonged with chronic pancreatitis last year. I've had several procedures and stents put in. My gallbladder was taken out few months ago. I've been living with lupus since 1998. Few weeks ago I had another procedure and this time my dr put in a 11inch stent. Omg it hurts still.I can't really eat, back always hurting or having spasms. Has anyone had a stent long put in before? If so how long did u have to keep it in? Soon I will have to have surgey.

The stents do not go away on there own I have had stents put in and exchanged 9 times in the past year the 22nd of this month they are taking them out for good to see if it works I was hospitalized 25 times in 2016 for pancreatitis I have acute pancreatitis and chronic pancreatitis the doctor said I will have to live with this the rest of my life because my pancreas it's already damaged I started having them in 2004 the pain don't get any better but anyway a surgeon will have to remove the stents