Greetings, fellow peers.Tonight as I write this summary about Pancreatic stents I am doing so from my hospital bed at one of the best hospitals in the country. (UNIVERSITY of COLORADO HEALTH SCIENCE CENTER). This morning I showed up to have an ERCP procedure occur, requested by Dr. Raj Shah. I have had 12 attacks of pancreatitis in about three years, so I had to get to the bottom of it. On my 9th attack thy finally found lesions on my gallbladder, so in turn removed the organ. Three attacks later they were lost at another hospital. So I came back here to Denver, I had pressure testing done of the Odie of sphincter and pressyre testing in the billary tree, all turned up not good. So the doctor placed a PD 3mm stent i place for good flow. The only problem is that I ended up with a moderate case of pancreatitis again. So here is my question for those of you whom are famiiar with the pancreatic stents if any. Did it work for you in the long and or short run.? Did you have any complications requiring a hospital stay.? Just curious let me know.

Hi Joshua,

This is normal for you to have pancreatitis after a E.R.C.P. and it make take a week in the hospital before it goes away. Hang in there and stay on a liquid diet after getting out of the hospital you should start getting better and better. You should also be able to eat regular food again and gain weight.

Good luck!

Kathy

my mom had astent put in then she was bleeding from both ends she is 82 they only told us after the surgey that she had a stent put in