I'm 18 years old and a college student. Yesterday during a beach trip I discovered that my right breast was very sore. The entire breast was sensitive to touch and hurt when I dressed and undressed. Later that day when I got home, I felt around and discovered a small, lump behind my nipple, that rose to the surface like a knot. You could run your finger over it and feel where it was risen but it hurt very much to touch or apply pressure too.

Today I checked again and it wasn't as sensitive. I could move my boob and even feel around on the lump and it hardly hurt at all.

Should I get checked out for breast cancer? I've surfed alot of blogs for preliminary research however I see alot of options such as fluid under the breast or premature breast milk. I've never had sex, so I couldn't be pregnant. My boyfriend and I are very worried, as for right now I haven't told anyone else about my problem.

As far as I know there is no history or breast cancer in my family.

Also wanted to add that I've been on YAZ Birth Control since February, but I missed my pills for 4 days due to forgetting them at home when I left for the beach and I just got back on track with my pills today. Could that have anything to do with it?

I don't believe in worrying over stuff like this, so don't waste your time with worrying. What is a good idea though is to see a doctor about this just to be sure. There are going to be lumps on your breast from time to time and it will seem like a scary thing but it's a good idea to just get it checked out. I am sure that it will be nothing, but just ake sure you see a doctor and confirm that. Does that make sense? Please let me know after you talk to a doctor.

You may have lumpy breast tissue, which many women have. I wouldn't worry about it either right now. Your still quite young and your boobs are almost where they should be for the rest of time, so relax. Breast cancer usually doesn't show itself directly behind the nipple, it's usually more to the side or under the arm around the breast. It could very well be a clogged duct too. Our milk ducts are around our areola, which is the darkest part of our breast.
Keep an eye on it and maybe warm compresses or a soak in a hot bath will help. If your still uncomfortable in a few days, it's best to see your doctor. I would say it's nothing, but it wouldn't hurt anything if you talked to him.

GO TO A DOCTOR NOW...it could just be a cyst which is the best case scenario but if its NOT then you want to get as ealy of a start as possible if it turns out to be cancerous