My boyfriend for the last 4 days has had this redish orange mucus coming out of his nose he was a little freaked out and yes he has allergies but this has never happened to him and we have looked for answers every where and i have had a few suggestions because of my allergies does any one know what this is

The same thing just started with me today. My sinuses are really sore as well. I've been looking around and there's not much to cover it except to say that it might be fungal. Should probably make an appointment and get some antibiotics.

Antibiotics do not treat Fungus, they treat Bacteria. The most common infection to the sinus is viral. If the infection lasts longer than 7 days, with no improvement and continued discolored mucus, then you can think bacterial. The top 3 bacteria are: Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, and Moraxella catarrhalis. Amoxicillin 500mg three times daily x 10 days should do the trick.