Hi. I've noticed that my nails became brittle lately. I've heard that overusing nail polish may cause nails to become brittle. I rarely use nail polish. Also, aging was the another cause, but I'm only 26 years old. Why do I have brittle nails? What should I use to treat them?

Brittle nails are usually a sign of poor nutrition.  It's important to have enough protein in your diet as your nails are made up of protein.  There are supplements you can take to strengthen nails, hair and skin.  Many of them contain silicon which is important for health nails.  Nail polish is not only damaging to your nails but becomes absorbed into the nail pad and surround skin and is very toxic.  Since you rarely use nail polish you probably don't have a problem there.  Try looking for a nail, hair and skin supplement.  these supplements are usually not very expensive.  See if that helps.  You should see some improvement within a month or so.  Let me know how it turns out.  Good Luck!

Try some nail polish. Some are labeled for a specific reason: to strengthen nails.Just look for the strengthening and nourishing clear or lightly tinted polish. Hope this helps