i had a big red icky bump on my upper thigh near my private area. It really hurts and makes it hard to walk. after 3 days there was a pimple looking thing on top of the bum, it was more like a white head with a bit of string like hair/puss sticking out. i took tweezers and pulled it out, a bunch of yellow puss came flooding out for a while. then slowly came out for 2 more days till it stopped and the bump is gone. and there is no more pain. but where the bump use to be the skin never fully grew back so it hurts. what could this be?

OMG i have the SAME thing but only reocurring. This is really irritating and it's beginning 2 really bother me. it's been around for a while (i'd say a year) and it "goes away" but then out of nowhere it swells up and comes back. it looks something like a mosquito bite and when u touch it, it's hard, almost fibrode-ish. i think a dermatologist can fix and i dont have an appointment until 2 weeks from now. it itches like under it too. sorry for being so graphic but im sure u understand. :$ what 2 do??

Yes I've had this exact same thing two or three times. The first time I had it I went to the doctor and she said it was a bacterial/skin infection. She ended up popping it and all that nasty puss came out, and it healed fairly quickly. The other times I got it I just let it go through its cycle (although very painful, I know) until it healed itself. The first two times I got it, it was so painful I could barely walk, literally I walked with a huge limp because I couldn't bend in a certain way. I feel your pain! Either pop it (or let the doctor do it), or just wait it out.

I am wondering what the dermatologist said...I have the same exact thing and it is REALLY freaking me out. It is very painful too! I tried neosporin but it hasnt helped :-(

I use tea tree oil to treat mine. I constantly get them in areas where the "sun doesn't shine." The tea tree oil essentially brings the infection closer to the surface where I'm able to lance the boil. You may want to be careful, I've notice these boils are contagious and spread to other areas of the skin. (Let's say you have one on the inside of your left thy. It can spread to the inside of your right thy by rubbing up against it.) So keep your skin clean and be sure to wash your hands after touching your boil. I don't know what to do about treating this problem long-term. :-)

Man i'm kinda freaking out I just got this huge red bump on my upper, inner thigh & lower butt. I noticed it two day ago and I started to realized it hurted yesterday but now today it's really painful. When i woke up I could barely walk straight. I had to walk like a peguin today at school. and It's so hard to sit. I dont know what to do because I have to go to a wedding in 4 days. I want it to be gone by then. Yesterday I tried putting a warm cloth on it and a mixture of pus and a little bit of blood came out, so i thought i would be able to drain it so i tried the warm cloth again today but nothing really changed, although it stopped the pain for a while. I wonder if we have the same thing. I'm getting really tempted to pop it. I dont know what to do.

For quite some time (2-3 years) I've had these lumps forming on my inner thigh and near my genitalia. They start forming then a pimple like thing appears, and it to grows, then the lump gets so large (like one of those boincing balls little kids play with) then it pops inside and the pimple acts like a nipple and puss (alot of it) comes out as well as a white head like thing comes out. And then that process starts over and over and over.
I didn't think this was very common, I guess I was probably wrong.
I know what you guys have or are going through. :-(

OMG...I started getting these boils this year! On my panty line, same place every time. The first time was the worse. It was a little bump, then it got HUGE, & irritated! Ever since, I get them on a regular basis. I have been being treated by my doctor. It is a bacterial infection. You can get them from shaving your panty line. You have to change out your razors VERY FREQUENTLY. If they get too big they have to be lanced & drained. I have been on antibiotics for about a month trying to get rid of the one I have now. Apparently, they are hereditary because my mom used to get them in the same exact place.

Wow I have them too I thought I was alone, I wondered if they were hormonal as i have pcos and when i finally became pregnant i didnt have one for the whole 9 months then they appeared again after i had my daughter.

So what the best way to treat them and is there a name for this??

I really thought I was the only one with this problem! But I am pretty amazed after reading through this entire list and now know that there are so many of them who get these "HUGE" big bumps on the panty line or inner thighs. I have been having this problem since 15 years now. Right after I take my shower I begin to get a in-flamation feeling near my inner thighs and :-( then within 2 days the place swells up and develops into big bumps . It keeps getting bigger and bigger and its gets extremely painful as time progresses and then in about 7 days the bump develops with puss like opening at its outer side and then a flood of puss pours out when its breaks open. The puss smells so bad and if I am not wearing a pad or something it ruins my pants and clothes.

I don't know what to do about this? There should be some solution out there. I do not want to go to the doctor to get medicines for this.

I have been getting these things for a few years now. They come out of nowhere & take forever to heal & I seem to keep getting them in the exact same spots. It is affecting my everyday life. I do not have a boyfriend & am afraid to start a new relationship because I think the guy will be grossed out when he sees them. I currently have one huge one and several small ones. They started shortly after I started waxing my bikini line. I don't know what to do. I can't shave down there & I can't stand to have hair sticking out of my bikini. Doctors have always told me just don't wax or shave like that is such an easy solution & I haven't waxed in months & still have them. I went to see a new doctor today & she popped the big one for me & told me that it might be a staph infection or a skin disease called hidradenitis & I am even more scared now because I looked it up on the internet & there are some horrible pictures of it. They say it is not a common disease but not too many doctors know about it so it could be more common than they think. Maybe you guys should check it out. I don't mean to scare you but it is the first time a doctor has told me that it could possibly be an actual condition & not just an ingrown hair. I will keep you posted after I see my dermatologist. :?

I discovered one of these bumps, too, exactly where everyone else here is getting them: on the panty line, or the crease part where my upper thigh meets my pubic hair area. It's really weird. I almost tried squeezing it but I thought better because it felt/looked big enough that it might pop inside my body and it'd get infected and create more problems. When I felt and press gently around the bump to get an idea of how big it was, it felt like a soft but firm, lopsided disc (probably in a disc shape because it gets squished when I sit down or something). Anyway, I dabbed some tea tree oil on it and searched online and here I am... Dude, I thought I had cancer or something for a moment!

But I haven't shaved down there in like, months. So I don't know if it's a razor bump or an inflamed/ingrown hair or what. And this bump doesn't hurt. At least not yet.

I hope it gets to the point that it'll pop itself or something because I'm too afraid to squeeze it myself...

Just wondering, does anyone else here have a history of acne or other skin problems? I have mild to moderate acne on my face, and I used to break out a bit on my back as well (and on my back, they like to turn into keloids... ugh).

SAME HERE MAN, ITS AN ONGOING THING I HAVE THESE LUMPS NEXT TO MY PRIVATE PARTS. BUT THE THING IS IT INFLAMES SO OFTEN AND LETS OUT PUS. AND AM LEFT WITH AND OPEN SKIN WHICH GETS VERY SMELLY. I HAVE BEEN HAVIN THIS PROPLEM FOR FIVE YEARS NOW. EVERY TIME I GO TO THE DOCTORS THEY ALWAYS GIVE ME ANTIBIOTICS. MAKE IT SEEM LIKE ITS NOTHING. I TRIED TO SPEAK TO MY DOCTOR ABOUT IT AND HE DOSE NOT SEEM INTERESETD TO KNOW. I HAVE TOLD HIM THAT ITS EFFECTING MY DAY TO DAY LIFE. ALL HE DOSE IS OPEN THE DOOR FOR ME AND PUSHES ME OUT SAYIN I HAVE OTHERS TO SEE (BUY) GOD HELP ME

Do any of you get a light red coloring around the lump? I have gotten what you guys are talking about before but this one is much bigger and there doesn't seem to be any sort of spot on the skin just a large lump under the skin? I don't have insurance so I don't want to go to the doctor but it hurts and I'm afraid that I'm going to get blood poisoning or something...

so this is gross and probably a little too much information but im REALLY scared about it. so i felt a sharp pain "downstairs" today and then wehn i went to the bath room, noticed a big sore on my left vaginal lip..i was FREAKED OUT! so i tried to pop it and all that happened was a small 1/2 of a centimeter cut formed and blood poured out. i kept probing it and hte blood flow continued but the sore stayed the same size. now its red around the affected area and hte actual sore is turning a greyish/white. im so scared it might be an STD or somthing like that...HELLPPP!!!