i am 17 and not having sex or anything. but i just finished my persiod and i had a red bump kind of like a pimple. where i normally shave. but i haven't shaved in like.... a month or something. and i'm too scared/embarassed to tell anyone, so i'm posting on here. wha should i do? is it bad? or normal? cause there's body acne, so would this fit under that? should i just pop it? hmm...
>.<

help? o.O

Hi Mia,
well i think that this is not something that you should worry about. Maybe it's just a little irritation or somethnig.

Do you have just one bump or are there more?

it's just one

Hi, my friend has told me that she had a similar problem, and it was just a hair growth. You do shave and it's a big possibility for this to happen.

But, maybe it's for the best that you go and see a doctor.

All the best Mia.

Definately ingrown hair that is causing this. Improper pubic hair grooming habits lead to ingrown pubic hairs. Shaving is the most common culprit but, improper waxing, tweezing and depilatory products can also cause ingrown pubic hairs. The best prevention is not to shave the pubic area... or shave less often. If you're prone to itching after you shave... use witch hazel. Witch hazel will relieve the itching and irritation caused by shaving. A 99% pure Aloe Vera product will help heal and moisturize your skin. Aloe Vera is a natural antiseptic and skin balm. Removing the dead skin cells will release any hairs that may have become trapped in the hair follicle. Use a loofa or synthetic sponge to lightly scrub the pubic area. There are some good exfoliation products for your pubic area available at the local drug store. The best products contain either salicylic or glycolic acids.

If you have access to a sauna, it is great to go visit one. Let the steam open your pores and release the trapped hairs. Gently exfoliate. Also, you can use a pair of pointed tweezers, with good grips, to lift the hair out of the hair follicle. Use hydrogen peroxide to sanitize the tweezers before lifting the hair out of the follicle. Then dab the area with the hydrogen peroxide to prevent infection.

It sounds to me like it could be an ingrown hair or a pimple. Unless it comes to a head, though, don't pop it! You could really hurt yourself and cause a scar. Wait for it to come to a head first. If you haven't had sex, there's no risk that you have an STD. If you have had sex, though, and I do mean any kind of sex, you should see a physician about this. I know that a lot of people aren't very clear in their definition of sex! I'm not trying to imply that you have had sex, but do go see a doctor if anyone has had contact with your genitalia or vice versa.

Let us know how things go! I hope that this clears up for you soon.