I went to see my doctor because I was urinating frequently. I had an utlrasound done on my bladder and kidneys and she told me that my bladder was not emptying completely. I'm going to see a urologist next week but I'm getting nervous. Does anyone know what might cause this? I don't have pain when I urinate. I don't have a UTI but I used to get them frequently. I'm up about 2-3 times a night to use the restroom. It almost seems like my kidneys are in overdrive. I drink something and it's not 5 minutes later that I have to go to the bathroom. I urinate about 10-13 times a day. I'm in my early 20's and I feel like I'm too young for this to be happening.

hey there i guess im having the same problem. im 38 and 215 pounds and im active. i have had kidney stones removal twice in about 21/2 years it wasnt real fun, but i constantly pee during the day probably 10-15 i would guess. im gonna keep a log today of what i eat and drink and when i go to the bathroom. i feel miserable sometimes and dont know what is wrong???????????? i wonder if my bladder is not emptying and thats why i feel like i need to go so often or what. when i do go it takes a little bit to start, i goes for a little while then dribbles ,,,,,,,, then it will start again in a minute. what the heck is going on wiht me??????????i looked up a procedure called i think it was pvp?? where they go in and kinda hollow out the inside of the prostate so the flow is good through there. i am gonna go to another doctor to a. find out why im peeing so much and b. check on some alternatives. thanks ronnie

hi, i just discover i have this same problem. its bladder retention or something like that. Did you manage to get cured? or at least to decrease the amount of time going to the bathroom? please if so, let me know, 

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use

many thanks

I had the same problem went to the urologist and told me I had problem empying by bladder and that this is a sign of MS....To this shocking news I said no way looking at all systoms to MS I had all of them.

Try to eliminate as much salt as you can from your diet. When you go to the toilet take deep breaths and this will relax the muscles - Then lean forward and you will find that you will urineate more. I have cystitis, an overactive bladder and this new thing is retaining water. Good luck

My doctor put me on two meds. one to soften the prostrate and another to shrink it, after a week I am able to urinate again.

this problem might be causes by UTI, cystitis, and prostatitis. since i don't know the gender of you and i also don't know other symptoms that you have. therefore it is hard to narrow down the possible condition. 

Pain while urinating and blood in your urine are often a signs of a UTI (Urinary Tract Infection). UTIs are usually the result of bacteria in your urine. How the bacteria ends up in your urinary tract systems is not always clear but some people are more prone to frequent UTIs than others. Many UTIs can be treated naturally.   Drinking cranberry juice is beneficial to having a clean urinary tract. Think of the urinary tract the same way that you would think of a sink. If it gets clogged with bacteria too much then it will become irritated and will not function properly.   When being treated with certain medications, the symptoms of urinary tract infections usually clear up in a few days; however, you may need to continue using medications for a week or longer, depending on how you respond to the medication. In additiion, your doctor may prescribe a pain medication that will help when there is pain with urination. One common side effect of urinary tract analgesics is discolored urine bright blue or orange.   If you are unable to visit your doctor after symptoms appear, there are several natural remedies to bring relief.   1)At the first sign of infection, mix teaspoon of baking soda into a eight-ounce glass of water. Baking soda increases the acid-base balance in your system, bringing down the acidity in your urine.   2)Stay hydrated. Though it may feel as if you need to urinate every few minutes, your body is still craving fluids. Cleansing your body with water will move along any unwanted bacteria.   3)Known for its power of fighting the common cold, Echinacea can be helpful in battling your UTI. Taking two capsules three times a day can start you on the path back to wellness.   4)Possibly the most well known natural form of relief is a natural herb supplement that fights UTI’s is called Diuretic Pill. it is made of all natural ingredients. These natural ingredients work as a diuretic which helps increase urination. They also can boost your immune system and fight infection. It has also been scientifically proven to cleanse, disinfect and protect your urinary system. It protects your urinary system by stimulating white blood cells and increasing their strength to fight infection thus making your fight against UTI's a successful one.