Hi There-

I am 25 years old, and in all honesty have never really considered having children of my own.  After meeting so many wonderful couples who were unable to conceive, I have decided to donate an egg.  The first step has been stopping the pill after being on it for 10 years.  I finished my birth control, but did not have a period during my placebo week.  This is pretty typical, and after 2 months, I finally got a period on August 21st.  On the 28th, my period ended, and on the 29th I had unprotected sex.  On September 8th, I noticed a light pink tinge on the toilet paper after urinating.  It was so light, that I wasn't even sure that I saw anything at all, and I didn't see anything else the rest of the day.  On September 9th, I had a small amount of brown blood and started using a pantyliner.  This morning and all day there has been no blood, but when I came home tonight and urinated, there was more brown blood.  I also have some light cramping.  Since this started, I have been trying to figure out what is going on... I think I am even more confused now.  I have read about anovulatory periods after stopping birth control and the possibility of ovulating during or right after one.  Also, about implantation bleeding.  But some say implantation bleeding lasts a few hours to a day.  Some 2 or 3 days.  I have even read up to 7.  Is there anyone out there that can give me a straight answer?  Or at least tell me when it would be appropriate to take a pregnancy test?  Please help...

User avatar 160 posts
the spotting may be due to the the hormone changes since stopping birth controll it can take up to 6 months to level out back to normal. but you should take a pregnancy test when your period is supposed to be due to make sure it is accurate. The soonest you can take one is 10 days after the unprotected sex but its better to wait so you dont waste money