Hi all. I have noticed some spotting. I had a complete bi lateral hysterectomy some 5 years ago. I haven’t been sexually active and I really don’t know why this is happening. Is this ok? Should I visit my doc??

Did you keep your cervix?? Cause if you did, there is a chance that is the cause. If you keep cervix, usually a few bits of uterine tissue end up staying with the cervix which may still cycle and provide mini-periods. Anyway, that's the most likely explanation... But, I would still recommend you see your doc – just to be sure...

hi,

i'm so happy to see this message. i'm a nervous wreck, just today 5/23/07, 2 years after my hysterectomy i am experience pain in my stomache and spotting. i almost fell over. i am not sure whether i still have my cervix, but i will find out.

I had a total hysterectomy about 17 years ago and have been on hormone replacement ever since then. In the last month I have been slowly going off the estadiol (at my doctors suggestion) and am now having brwon spotting when I wipe, or find it on my underwear. At first I thought it was from my bladder or something, but just put together that it may be related to going off the medicine. It also has a bad smell. Can you get spotting like that when you don't have your overies, uterus or cervix?

Total hyst June 21, 2012; no cervex and daily light pink spotting with cramps. Seeing surgeon on Tues. July 10 and want answers as I am 70 yrs old and wonder if I should have kept everything including the cancer!