I had an abortion in November. From then to now (3 months, 2 weeks) I am still bleeding. I went back to the doctor on numerous occasions and I was given pills and shots but to no avail. Sometimes the bleeding is very heavy and other times very light. I stopped taking the last set of pills last Wednesday. I thought it had finally stopped but this morning it began again. I also have sharp pains in my abdomen on the right and left side. I remember when I had the scan done the doctor said I had a cyst. Is that the reason why the bleeding hasn't stopped? Will I have to continue taking birth control pills? The doctor said he has never seen a case like this before and he is baffled. He said everything should already be out of me and the mouth of my womb should have closed already. They told me the hormones in birth control should stop the bleeding. I've tried both and none of them work. The pills were better because it was very light but now its back to square one. I am soooooo worried!!! I don't understand why it hasn't stopped yet and does that mean something is wrong with me?? He said I can't have a DNC done because I don't have any kids yet. Is there something else I can do?

Hi! I'm so sorry to hear that. I that doctor can't say what it is...maybe you should look for a second opinion. Bleeding for three months, I can only imagine what you're going trough :-( Yes, my first thought was also birth control pills, that should help, but now that you say that it doesn't help...maybe some other hormonal contraception method would work for you. Bleeding can be related to ovarian cysts, do you still have those cysts? I hope that you'll get better soon.