I started my period and then it stopped and around a week to 2 weeks later stared bleeding again and have been bleeding for almost 5 weeks with large blood clots what could be the cause

I know its horrible isnt it? I have been bleeding for 3 weeks so i know how u feel........ its most likely a hormone thing ( i know for me it is) the best thing for it would prob. iron pills........ someone told me about this thing called vitex also (its a herb they sell at GNC) I have been taking them for a week now and i hope that by sunday i am back to normal......

AS I WRITE I AM 25 WEEKS PREGNANT...I STARTED SPOTTING DURING MY 6TH WEEK AND IT LASTED UNTIL MY 12TH WEEK...ALTHOUGHT DURING MY 9TH WEEK I HAD BRIGHT RED BLEEDING...I THOUGHT IT WAS THE END OF MY PREGNANCY...MY DOCTOR HAD ME BED REST FOR OVER A WEEK AND AS I STATED BEFORE I AM ON MY 25TH WEEK...MY BABY GIRL IS KICKING AND MOVING DAY AND NIGHT WHICH IS A BLESSING...JUST WANTED TO GIVE SOME HOPE TO THOSE THAT ARE GOING THROUGH THE SAME AGONY I WAS SOME WEEKS AGO...WISHING YOU AND YOUR LITTLE ONE BEST OF LUCKS.