I had a miscarriage almost three months ago. I have been bleeding almost continously since it happened. The bleeding is light in between. I have just started a second period since the loss. It is very heavy and I have lots of clots. So was the first period I had. I didn't have a D & C. They said it wasn't needed. There have hardly been any days since I lost the baby that I am not bleeding somewhat. Please give any advise you have.

I relize that this was posted almost a year ago but I am having the same problem and it has been almost 1 year. I have had an ultrasound and all kinds of blood work and I'm still not fixed. Do you have any answers to the problem?

i see there are two other posts here with a simliar problem...i started bleeding four weeks ago (12 wks pregnant) and it has been continual ever since (i passed the fetus three weeks ago). can this be normal? it has been constant pain and discomfort and bleeding...anyone have any words of advice?

I had heavy bleeding and intense pain for 4 days after a miscarriage at 13.5 weeks - then was admitted back into hospital and had a D&C. The bleeding is now tailing off and I have had no further pain. I think you should talk to your doctor about a D&C - which would help to ensure all material has been removed after which your bleeding should stop.

Good luck,
Kat :-)

I had a miscarriage mid April and bled for 5 weeks, thereafter I bled lightly for about 2 weeks - it then stopped, but last week I had my second period since the m/c which appeared normal and stopped after 4 days - however i have started bleeding again just 4 days later. I don't know what to do!

I have exactly the same problem. I am now on to my second period and I thought everythig had settled down, however ony four days after the period ended I am now bleeding again. I lost my baby mid April 07.

I had a miscarriage in April at 7 weeks. I had 2 normal periods after that. So we tried again for baby, but now my period came a week early and has lasted now for 7 days and is still strong. Normally, they taper off to almost nothing by day 5. I'm waiting for a call back from my doctor on whether I should be concerned. I want to know if it's another miscarriage. I have a daughter that is almost 2 and want more children soon, but worry I will always have miscarriages.

I understand what you are going through although I have no answers. I also had a miscarriage almost 3 months ago (3 months on the 23 of July) and I am still bleeding. I've had 2 ultrasounds and it shows that 2 blood vessels are still bleeding and haven't closed off like they should. Just went back to doctor and had hcg levels tested and they are a bit higher so now I need to have them tested regulary for the next two weeks. Doctor wants to see if I am pregnant or if there is the possiblity of any tissue still remaining which they can't see on ultrasound. My doctor really doesn't want to have to try to do d&c because she is dealing with these two blood vessels she said it would bleed entirely too much. This is all so frustrating. It feels sometimes like I am the only person going through this because no one I know has experienced anything like it.

Believe me, you are not alone. I had a miscarriage and that was almost 7 weeks ago and am still bleeding. I was somwhere around 2 months pregnant. I had no real pain at all just some very light buzzing or spasm like feelings in my abdomen. I was spotting lightly at the time. I already had a bad feeling and felt like I wasn't going to carry to full term. I have never had a baby before. I am 33 and having been trying to have a baby with my husband for 2 years now. I have also never taken any oral birth control either. I just never trusted the side effects that could result from taking chemical birth control. I was on vitex the whole time and that was probably why I even got pregnant in the first and didint' have a whole lot of pain. I haven't had any real period pains since being on vitex for like 10 months now. I had a seriously off balance cycle and wasn't ovulating normally. The vitex definitely helped and when the bleeding got a little darker I pretty much already knew the miscarriage was for sure and I started drinking my red raspberry tea to ensure the blood flow would gently get every thing out of me. It really sucks. It seems like eternity but I know letting my body heal slowly is best for me and removing myself from stressful situations is absolutely necessary.

I know I am going to bleed for a long while. I didn't get a dilation and curetage partly because of the cost and mostly because I literally felt no pain and after much reading, realized that I didn't need one. I am still getting clots passing through here and there. I know I had a couple of normal periods in between too, accounting for the total length of time of all the bleeding. Just be patient. It will pass. If you are very very nervous then you should see an obgyn again. As for me, I eat the best I can even though I still somtimes do have fast food about 2 or 3 times a week. Mostly I cook my own food, lightly buttered pasta with plain yogurt and red grapes are super good for you and Vietmese pho when I can avoid the Jack in Box and Del Taco. I am defintely eating way less junk food and almost no soda during the week compared to the way I used to. If I have a soda, it's Jones pure can soda. That high fructose corn syrup will kill us all with diabetes evetually. The diet soda is just as bad because then you body can't regulate insulin levels normally eithe. Read up on it if you don't believe me. All of these bad habits do contribute to why your body isn't handling well or having trouble getting and staying pregnant. Daily, I also take several nutritional supplements to heal myself. I take the vitex, the loose leaf red raspberry tea, 2 or 3 cayenne 40,000 heat capsules, Costo's high energy B-50 complex, 1000 mg of vitamin C and 3 fish oil omega 3 capsules.

These supplements have helped me tremendously. Read up on taking them. I also purchased just this week something called Dr. Christopher's False Unicorn Root and Lobelia herb supplement. I have read up on this information quite a bit. These two combinations can ward off the next miscarriage if the fetus is healthy and will heal damaged tissue. If the fetus is not healthy it will pass the tissue faster and easier.

I wish I knew about it almost 2 months ago when I first started spotting. I also recommend reading more on Dr.John R. Christopher's book called Every Woman's Herbal. Another doctor named Gary Null has similar information on taking unicorn root to avoid miscarriage in conjunction with red raspberry leaf and vitex to regulate and ovulate better. I will start taking false unicorn root in conjuction with the vitex and red raspberry after all the bleeding stops when I am ready to try again. Read, research and learn as much as you can. You regular doctor won't tell you everything if he or she is all you rely upon. I am not a doctor. I am only telling you what is working for me. I can't deal with being put of clomid and having my uterus and my husbands organs turned inside by an infertility clinit for thousands of dollars. I don't have that kind of money anyway. I belive in the alternative health field and in learning to heal youself without loads of pharmacy giant based drugs. Some of you may not. Do what you feel is right for you. I hope my information helps. Good luck to everyone and don't give up on yourself or fall to sadness and depression. Be patient with yourself and everyone around you. Take care.

i had a miscariage december 16th it is now feb.15th i didnt have to have a d&c. i also didnt bleed for 5 weeks like my doc told me i should. i stopped bleeding a few days after i passed the fetus. in january i had an extremely light period where i would bleed a little and stop it did that for about 1 week. we were trying to get pregnant agan. now it is february and i started my period on the 14 i have been so heavy that i go through a super tampon every hour i am aslo experincing a lot of big blood clots. im only having mild cramps. is this normal. i am scared something is wrong. could i be having a miscariage.

I had a miscarriage back in mid Feb. I had intense abnormal pain and cramps along with excessive bleeding and clots that would completely soak a super plus tampon in less than an hour. That bleeding lasted around 2 weeks, followed by a lesser flow for another week and then spotting for 2 weeks. My first period after was completely wacky and since then I have had 2 somewhat normal periods. Starting about 3 months ago I started bleeding every time I would have sex with my husband. Sometimes the bleeding is so much it resembles a normal period that lasts for 3-4 days other times it is just enough to make an appearance and spot for a few hours later then stop. My husband and I are not currently trying for children and have been using protection so I am not sure what is causing this problem. Bleeding every time I have sex seems unusual to me, any input?

Hi I kno you posted this a long time ago but wondered if you managed to get this sorted as I'm currently experiencing exactly the same thing as you, have got a docs appointment on Monday but just a waiting game now!x