This past week its been a rollercoaster. Ive been experiencing light bleeding/clotting at the beginning of the week and went to the doctors yesterday to see the sonogram and it showed the baby and the heartbeat which i was relieved....but following last night I experienced heavier cramping and more blood. I saw some clots that were dark and some were grayish white. Im very worried and ive read that some women its normal but others have had miscarriages. Im still lightly bleeding but not filling up a pad. Can anyone share their insights or anything please?? Id appreciate it.

heavy bleeding, clotting, cramping is not normal- I would either call the doc or go to the ER.... You could've had a multiple pregnancyand lost one or something is going wrong with this one- Spotting is normal but heavy bleeding w/ clotting isn't.... Good luck, try not to stress, stay off ur feet and get plenty of rest.. let me know how it goes if you can- your in my thoughts and prayers

I had that too at 8wks and mine ended in a miscarriage. I was at the ER 3 times in 5 days because of the bleeding and cramping. My dr prescibed Vicodin for the cramping. It was so bad I couldn't move and I was off work for 5 days, per my dr orders. I was devastased but there was nothing I could've done to prevent it. My husband and I are trying again though. My dr didn't even do a sonogram. I bled after that for about 2wks.

It is all the more difficult because I am 40 years old and this would have, is my first.
I wanted a baby but my husband was not sure, we had a very pleasent accident and I was excited from day go...I loved every ach, I felt like a woman everytime I felt nausea...I was going to be happy.
About a week ago, I had some brown like discharge and bleeding...I quickly go on the internet and was relieved to find that so many others had experienced the same with mostly positive results...The following Monday I had my first appointment with the midwife, it was an information session and I was so excited...It was funny I remember thinking how old everyone else was as me and my husband were feeling pretty old...It was still all good. Since then, I have been bleeding on and off, it started brown and then to pick, nothing really on my underware only when I wipe. Then the blood got redder and the cramps started. I called my midwife (my first appointment is not until July 22) and told them what was happening they told me to wait to see what happens it could be nothing...I was too nervous to wait so I went to a walk in clinic the doctor told me to go have an u/s and blood work, I am still waiting for the results...Right before my ultrasound I passed a blood clot the size of a quarter...For a short while the blood stopped a bit...
When Idid the u/s the techician asked me if I had any other chlidren, I said no and she said so this was going to be your first...A slip I guess but I feel like it know this is the end. She had no compassion for me at all, she mentioned I had a fiberoid and when I asked about it she told me to talk to my doctor, she said she had located the sac but it was so small she could not really say what was going on so I was by far not out of the woods..She told me that she would send my results back to the doctor as it was serious when I asked again she could say nothing...I am at work here I must have spent like 5 hours just trying to find someone who would tell me it is going to be okay that I am okay that this baby will be okay...I am dying..I feel so alone and scared and useless..I love my husband to death but he is really no support and we promised not to tell anyone until we were sure and now I can't even fall into my mothers arms and cry for myself and my baby...
I called the doctors office to ask if they had results and they said they would call me back, that feels like it was hours ago...WHY CAN'T ANYONE JUST TELL ME WHAT IS GOING ON??????
I feel for us all who are going through this...I see so many wowmen having to wait weeks to find out what is going on and it really sucks...I pray for us all and our babies and I pray for peace of mind for all of us...

So how did everything go with this June 19th thing? I pray everything went well!

I can relate. I am 7 weeks pregnant today with my second and 2 days ago i woke up to use the bathroom and when i wiped there was blood and discharge, which scared the c**p out of me cause i had no problems what so ever with my daughter that is now 2. There was a quarter size clot at the bottom of the toilet and I lost it thinking I had just miscarried. but no bleeding. So I made an appointment for later that day and as i was about tho get the U/S I felt a huge gush of blood. U/S showed the baby was still there and my cervix is closed but to early to see cardiac activity. I had about 4 more clots after that and I am now on day 3 of light bleeding and am also getting my HCG levels checked. I still have mild cramping but i am worried I just wanna know and if im going to lose my little baby I just want it to hurry up and happen so I can move on, it may sound horrible but not knowing for 3 weeks is horrible too and its going to be in the back of my mind this entire pregnancy if i don't! I Hope everything is ok and works out, and i have my June 12th baby! :-) The attachment is so must faster after baby number 1 cause you know what wonderful gift you are losing

I'm having the same exact thing what you have. I don't have any bleeding just when I wipe I see light red color and on the bottom of the toilet a dime sized blood clot :/

I am so sorry. I am 36 and going through the same exact thing. My partner is not thrilled and i did want my baby. It doesn't seem likely though. I have been cramping from the start and started bleeding yesterday. At first i was just spotting old blood, now it has increase to a red and bleeding more. I haven't told anyone so i can only carry this on my own. Its such a helpless feeling. I have a doc appt Friday, but i have a feeling already of what the outcome will be. It's all in God's hands now.

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to share my experiences because i was looking for an answer when i was going through some signs of miscarrying.

I was about 5-6 weeks and had a lot of thick heavy bleeding and slight camping (like a period)......

''Apolgies in advance if i am too discriptive''

On the 1st Saturday my husband and i found i was pregnant - we were completely over the moon.(I was about 5-6 weeks pregnant.)  I went to the doctor to find out all the details during the week.  On the Friday evening i went to the toilet and noticed a little blood.  It scared the living hell out of me.  I decided a put a tampon in 'just encase'.  I woke up on the saturday morning and the tampon was full of red blood.  I panic and i phoned my husband....

I went to the doctors on the second Saturday and the doctor said he if i continue to bleed throughout the weekend i have a high chance of miscarrying.  I was completely crashed!!! The doctor said he would book me in for a scan on the Monday.  I was a little cross because i had to chase them up on Monday and when i got hold of them they said i could only get a scan on the Wednesday afternoon.  As you can image i was beside myself!  I was still bleeding on the Monday with thick blood and cramping - and now i have to wait until Wednesday.  My husband and I decided to go for a private scan  (£85).  Unfortunately we heard the horrible news that i miscarried - there were no signs of a pregnancy.

I wish everyone all the best if you are experiencing this but i have heard of some wonderful stories of ladies still being pregnant with the bleeding.

xxxx

hi everyone my husband and I found out that I was pregnant a week ago. Delighted of course. Went to the GP to confirm it, and had 2 negative tests with him on the Tuesday. He said that I could have miscarried, but had bleeding at that stage.  Devastated. I did 4 tests after that which were positive. So was hopeful. Since then had bleeding  and passed clots last night and cramps which have continued today. but since its a bank holiday I dont know what I should do? I dont want to go to a hospital as I know its not good news. Did another 2 tests yesterday negative. Any advice?

I am 38 years of age and found out I am pregnant about 3 weeks ago. I was scared at first then after awhile became so happy. But the other day I started spotting bright red and pressure cramping in the lower part of my abdomen. Went to the er and they said I had an ectopic pregnancy, but later stated oh maybe not we wil have to monitor you for four days. I was so upset and now waiting to see what will happen. I know its in Gods hands.

Hi everyone. I'm not sure if anyone still reads this thread. But i'm 24, 4wks pregnant and i'm currently, clotting, bleeding and cramping. I've been like this since Tuesday of this week. 

I went to the ER, they did a Sonogram, the sac was there intact but obviously the baby is till too small to see. My HCG levels were at 1915 Tuesday. Since then i've been bleeding and clotting with some cramps here and there. I saw my Dr. on Thursday (yesterday) and he told me that because the baby is so small and the sac is still intact we can assume we still have a baby until proven otherwise. 

This is my second attempt to being a mum. I lost my first at 8w4d and it was a complete miscarriage, i mean, everything came out. I saw my baby in it's sac and everything. Obviously when i went to the hospital then there was nothing anyone could do. 

A friend of mine, who had also lost her first, told me to by hpt and to check my own HCG levels by taking a test every 48 hours or so. If the tests were still positive and the lines were getting darker then it was a good sign. 

I did a test today, and it's clearly visible that I'm pregnant. I'm waiting to see if the next test, which i'll do in 48 hours or more will be the same. 

I've read countless experiences both hopeful and heartbreaking. Some women seem to go through an actual period and not lose their babies others don't even notice some times.

Pretty much I'm wondier if I should be hopeful still? At 24 it's so hard to understand why you're body can't do the one thing it's pretty much meant to do...i don't mean anything by it but it's true. I feel like i'm not even a woman because i can't have a baby. And it's taking its toll on my husband and our relationship. 

Thank you for reading. If only there were an app for this sort of thing. 

Glad to know I'm not alone in this I'm less than 7 weeks not sure exactly how far along went to have ultrasound Thursday but my doctor said baby is too small to see anything yet today I started bleeding and passed a couple clots one the size of a quarter praying for the best but expecting the worse I hate this I have to wait till Monday to see if my hcg levels went up goodluck to all thanks for this post it has been a lil comforting knowing I'm not only one.

Ive read on various blogs/forums/websites, as well as know people,and spoke with nurses...all saying that you can have bleeding and cramping and even clots and still be ok.just get checked out anyway..that early pregnancy, those things can occur.and some women bleed through the whole pregnancy!
I've been having the same issues.and i miscarrid at 4months with my son April 2014

Hello galeria i go thru the same thing rite now.can u please tell me what happen.it so frustrating to wait.