I am 6 weeks pregnant i only found out last tuesday and on friday night i had sex with my partner and then on saturday i began bleeding, it is not as heavy as my period normally is, but it isnt light, its dark red in colour sometimes pinky or brown. i have worn a pad to monitor the amount of blood and when check theres never really a lot ive not had to change a pad because of the amount of blood, but when i go to the toilet there seems to be quite a bit, or is that my mind making me panic?
ive been checking for clots aswell and there was one about this big < >
did i miscarry?
or is this normal.
i went to the doctors yesterday and told him about the bleeding but he just said it was slight bleeding and i told him it wasnt heavy as a normal period but it wasnt just spotting, and he just said 'yes, its light bleeding'.
im so confused and so is my partner.
i spoke to my mum, and she said she had period like bleeding for the first three months of being pregnant with me, and she thinks if i had miscarried i would have felt some pain or experienced more heavy bleeding.
but i have had no cramps or really really havy bleeding, im so confused.
surely my doctor would have said something if he was concerned??
please help i am confused and scared.
I am going to the drop in clinic tomorrow but can anybody tell me if they have had any similar experiences please?

Hello, I've had the same thing happening, sorry i can't reply and help you......but have you found out anything more? I'm about 7 or 8 weeks pregnant, my next appt. isn't until the 5th, I've called the doctors and told them what is going on, no one seems worried. I'm really scared though, me and my husband have tried for 2 years for this. Do you mind telling me what happened with you? Thanks for any help anyone can give!! :-)

I've had the same thing, I'm about 7 or 8 weeks pregnant, I don't usually get any in the pantyliner, never enough to have to change it cause of blood in it, but when I wipe then there is always blood, sometimes it's really light pink and hardly anything there at other times it's a darker red (not too often) and I've had a couple small clots about the size of the tip of a ballpoint pen. I haven't had any cramping or anything, just the spotting, I've talked to the dr. and no one seems to be too concerned about any of it, they just tell me to come to my appt. on 3/5......would you mind telling me what happened with you?

Anytime you have fears that you may have misscarried, you should request an ultrasound. As long as they hear a heartbeat, you can rest your fears. Just stay off of your feet. And definately no intercourse. It's very important.

Bleeding during pregnancy is not all that uncommon, so try not to panic.

Good luck to you all!

BROOKLYN

I just posted my story in a post called "Does spotting mean miscarriage", if you would like to read it. It may help lift your spirits up a bit.

BROOKLYN

i am 6 weeks pregnant too and i have been spotting/bleeding for a week now. i went to my family doctor and the drew up blood and he said that the serum level has increased from last month. i went to the gynocologist today and she took an ultra sound she said the embryo looks good. it might be the cervix that is bleeding. it might be irritated or so. she told me to wait for 2 more weeks and then go again to do ultra sound that she can hear the heart beats... i am scared too... best of luck to you all..!!

I have been spotting and bleeding when iwipe for 3 days. had an episode new years eve where i passed out. got a hcg blood test this afternoon and no heading to the dr.
i am 37 and this is my first child so i am very concerned, everyone seems to think i am ok. but the nurse is very cautious and has done alot to get me to see a dr to help me.

Im six weeks pregnant and for the past 7 days i have been bleeding, most of the time the blood is light but tonight the blood seems to be very heavy, have an appointment in the morning for an ultra sound, don't really know what to expect when i get there, hopefully everything is ok xx

i am 6 weeks pregnant i have been in and out of the hospital since last Tuesday i am bleeding pink sometimes red nothing has fallen on the pantie liner but when i woke up this morning and went to the washroom i had 2 little clots that were dark red and went back to pick and light bleeding in my ultrasound there was no heartbeat the doctors said it was normal at that age and we would do another ultrasound in two days well yesterday i had the second ultrasound in that one there still was no heart beat but it was show that the baby grew a bit on both days they gave me a new pregnancy test to check my hemoglobin if it were to drop it meant miscarriage and if it were to rise it meant all is well but when i did the second one two days later it did drop now the doctors are confused the blood test is showing miscarriage were the ultrasound is showing the baby is growing fine! through this whole bleeding i did feel lower back cramping and they told me it was normal its abdominal pain i should watch for im scared this is my 8th pregnancy my first pregnancy gave me a beautiful baby girl whom will be 11 tom. and my last pregnancy gave me another baby girl who will be 3 in September i lost 5 children 1 at 5 months and all the way down to 8 weeks. so i am very scared the doctors summed up my other miscarriages as a fluke a miscarriage is supposed to happen 1 in every 5 women but i had 5 in a row! and this maybe 6 i am really beginning to get really scared!!!

My fiancee and i found out we are having a baby and she in about her 6th week and tonight she started bleeding lightly. This is our first baby and we are very scared but i'm sure glad for websites like this one is there to give advice to couples like us. Thank everyone for ya'll experiences!!

I am going through the same thing now. I entered this website to see if any one else is going through what Im going through. I am 6 weeks and 2 days. Today is saturday and thursday I had light pinkish red blood in my pantiliner. I had some cramps earlier that morning. I called the doctor and they told me to be on bed rest for 24 - 48 hrs bc it could be early signs of miscarriage. so I followed. That friday morning I woke up to use the restroom and I saw more light pinkish red blood. But i was heavy though but i still called the doctor and they told me to come to the hospital. They took some blood work to see my HCg level and it was 2913. Did an ultrasound but didnt see a baby sac or a baby. Ive read that some women dont see there sac until they are 7 or 8 wks. So they told me too come back on tuesday for more blood work to see what my HCG level is then. If it went up...im pregnant. If it went down...I lost it. So i have to wait until Tuesday.

I just found out on Tuesday that I am 5 weeks pregnant... It is Sunday. I have been bleeding for 4 days now. Mostly brown, some red. No pain though. The doctors say it is normal and not to worry but I am worried. I am 23 and this is my first pregnancy. I guess how I am keeping calm is to think that everything happens for a reason and hopefully all will be ok... I cannot make this work if it is not going to. Going to the doctor tomorrow to get a pregnancy test there and will talk to my doctor.

I am exacty 6 wks today and I just went to the bathroom and found blood as well,
I have been really nausious and tired until like three days ago and all my symptoms just disappeared. And now this. I do have cramps...
And I have been threw a lot of stress and I'm wondering if stress could cause a misscarriage?

I have no idea what to tell you I was hoping someone could help me. I'm 6 weeks pregnant I have bleeding since 12/24 and its not like like my period. I'm calling the dr. on monday to make a appt. but Some advise please I have no cramps or clots just the bleeding it started the morning after my husband and I had sex. I just found out on 12/21 I was pregnant.

I had the same thing happen with my second child. I had some spotting for a few days and then one morning when i went to the bathroom I more or less peed blood. I was really scared that was miscarrying. I called my dr. and they had me come down for testing and ultrasound. My ultrasound showed good news and then i came back for testing everyother day to make sure the levels kept going up, and they did. I had a beautiful baby girl. I was told by my dr. that there were a couple of possibilities that could have caused the bleeding to be that heavy. One, there could have been twins and miscarried one really early on or placental separation.Still not sure which is was, just really glad I had a healthy baby girl. If the bleeding is light pink and very little of it it is probably implantation bleeding, if you are worried about any bleeding call your dr and tell them you are worried, if they won't see you maybe you need to see a different dr. One of their main concerns needs to be for a healthy/safe pregnancy and making sure their patients are comfortable and feel good about what is going on.Hope this helps