Hello. I usually post a topic here when I have some kind of a problem, but this time, everything is ok. My cats are fine and so is my dog. I’m planning to adopt another kitten, soon. I’m looking forward to it. Anyway, what I wanted to ask you this time is about cat’s digestive system. As I said, my cats are perfectly fine now, but every once in a while, some of my cats have loose stool. I don’t know why is that happening, they all eat the same food and yet, not all of them have loose stool when that happens. Can anyone tell me what causes loose stool in cats?

Hey there.

Aw, that is so nice. When I read how many pets do you actually have, I want to adopt one more as well. Now, I have a dog and a cat, and I want more pets :) I am glad because I have big backyard and I hope that I will have one new member as well :)

There are so many reasons and potential causes why your cat is having loose stool.

Your cat can have diarrhea because some food is not good enough for her.

I remember that my friend was telling me before that her cat had loose stool immediately after she ate grain free food. 

Good day.

It is probably that she ate something that was not good for her.

But, also, I would recommend you to visit your vet, because cats that have persistently loose stools, should be checked for Tritrichpmonas infections.

But, I think that you should not be worried, because you told us that this is not happening all the time.

So, I really do believe that the main cause for loose stool in cats are some ingredients that are not so good for the digestive system of your cat.

Also, this can be some sign of infection, and you should check this as well

I remember when my friend’s cat got out of the apartment. Till this day we don’t know how did that happen, we assume she somehow achieved to open the door by herself. Anyway, she went to the street and even though there was never much traffic there, she got hit by a car. She wasn’t hurt, we took her to the vet immediately. He told us that she suffered stress and that besides that she will be just fine.

The day after that she told me that her cat had loose stool. So we figured the stress was the main cause of it.

Hey there.

My cat had the same problem as well. It was for a while, and I was really scared.

I am a big pessimist, and I was thinking that this is caused by cancer :/

I went to see my vet immediately, and he told me that I am crazy – literally :/ To cut long story short, she ate something that was not so good for her digestive system. I think that this was in the time when she run away, and she was not at home for a couple of days.

She was eating whatever she wanted, and this was the main reason.

So, I think that there is no reason to be worried. 

Hey everyone,

I have a domestic cat that I picked up from the animal shelter and she has a loose stool for the past few days. I know that it’s probably not dangerous, it all depends on the cause of it. It could be simply because she changed her usual food, she maybe ate something spoiled or she has an allergic reaction.

On the other hand, it can turn out to be pretty bad, it could be a kidney or liver disease, or it could even mean she has cancer. I know my cat ate something spoiled, she took it from our trash can, but if it persists with your cat, I’d suggest you to pay a visit to your vet.

Hey,

I have to suggest you to take your cat to the vet if you are not sure why is your cat having a loose stool. If you changed her diet, or you know she ate some bad food, than you are okay. But otherwise, it’s better to be safe.

I lost my cat due to a tumor of the digestive tract. She had a bloody loose stool for several days and I didn’t pay attention to it. When I finally took her to the vet, he said there was nothing he could do.

So from my personal experience, if your cat’s loose stool persists, check it out.

Hello. I really do believe that your cat just ate something bad, something that cause this problem. If this is the reason, I think that you should not be worried. All you need to do is to change her eating habits, you should find a food that can cause this. But, you have to check her stool every time. If you notice that color has changed, if there is a little blood in her stool, well you should know that this is alarming. In this case, vet should be your first option, because this could be a symptom of one really bad disease.