Hi, I am 31 years old male and I have blood in my urine. I will go to a doctor first thing in the morning, but I can’t wait until than to find out what this could be. Did it happen to anyone else?

Hi, I have a condition called hematuria. It is characterized by blood in the urine and it affects up to 10% of people. My urine is pinkish, and it scares me every time, but it could be worse. Some people have urine that contains so much blood, that it’s actually brown. Blood in urine can have many causes, like infection, injury to the urinary system, stones in the kidneys or ureters. You have to be fully examined, including blood test, urine culture, urine "dipstick", ultrasound and x-rays. Sometimes, there are more than one cause for blood in urine, so it’s better if you do all those tests. In rare cases, the cause cannot be determined. If that happens, the doctor will monitor your condition.