hi, i bleed from the outside of my anus after i take defecate sometimes,
i don't know whether or not it is a serious problem and for obvious reasons i am embarrassed about it. I know that whatever the wound is it is found on the outside of my anus because when i wipe my anus with toilet paper i can blot a certain piece of skin and find blood.
this is a reoccurring problem and i know it is worse when i drink which i do quite often.
any ideas on what this could be?

Hey there,

It seems to me that this could be many things. First of all, for this type of thing, the best thing for you to do is to see a physician to get some type of diagnosis and treatment. I mean it could be something as simple as moderate to severe hemroids caused by excessive bearing down or constipation. If your sexually active, It could also even be a STD. There are many things that could cause rectal bleeding, however your signs seems to be external and not internal. You are being very general in your post. You need to include more details like when it started, what were you doing when it started, is there pain, when does it happen(only when goin #2???), are you constipated, condition of your stools, medical conditions, Possibility of an STD, other issues with it, ETC..... There are many factors that can cause various types of rectal/anal bleeding. I'm not a doctor by any means, but i do have a little medical training. I'm just giving you a very basic opinion. You should not take anything I'm saying too seriously until you see a real doctor because this could possibly be a serious issue. This would be your best bet; go see a doctor to be on the safe side...soon. Take it easy and don't push to hard...

Also the color of the blood is important too....