I realized that many people think that hemorrhoids are a condition that only affects older people or pregnant women. However, I found out that more than half of all people over age 30 would develop hemorrhoids at some time in their lives. Hemorrhoids are also a common problem for people who suffer with diarrhea or constipation. That is why I search a little about this, and found my symptoms could also mean I have hemorrhoids. Can you tell me could itching and bumps around the rectal area mean I have hemorrhoids?

A hemorrhoid is actually a form of vericose vein, and these veins are in and around the rectum and anus. Problem is when those become swollen, then two forms of hemorrhoids occur: internal and external. Internal hemorrhoid is form of hemorrhoid located beneath the lining in the anus. Internal hemorrhoids may or may not cause pain, but are likely to bleed and protrude from the anus. Another form of hemorrhoid is located near the anus and feels like a hard lump, covered by skin and very sensitive to touch. They could even bleed, but only when ruptured. I will tell you some symptoms of hemorrhoids so you will conclude on your own if that is your case. The most common symptoms include anal itching, bleeding during bowel movements that show often as bright red on the paper or outside of the stool. Commonly patients report pain, protrusion during bowel movements, and sensitive lumps around the anus. As you can see, it is very likely your problem with itching and bumps around the rectal area could be caused by hemorrhoids, so I would recommend you doctor’s exam.