I don't get sick to the point that I have to stay home, but I do get a cold often. Now I need to do nasal irrigation and I'm just scared to try it. My voice coach says that some people do it everyday. What the nasal irrigation thing does is, clears the entire infectious out of your nose?

Nasal irrigation is the practice of flushing the nasal cavity with a sterile solution which may contain antibiotics. Purpose of Nasal irrigation is to clear infected sinuses or may be performed after surgery to the nose region. It may be performed to treat nasal polyps, nasal septal deviation, allergic nasal inflammation, chronic sinus infection, and swollen mucous membranes. Irrigation may also be used to treat long-term users of inhalants or occupational toxins, paint fumes, sawdust, pesticides, or coal dust.