Hi, I have been having problems with my sinuses for some time. They are blocked. Even though I treat it completely, the problem reoccurs. With it another condition appears. I feel a pain in the eyes. To my knowledge, the pain in the eyes is produced by blocked sinuses. What can you tell me about it?

Hi, blocked sinuses occur as a result of an inflammation. Medically it is called sinusitis. This condition is an inflammation of the sinuses mucus membranes. There are four sets of sinuses: frontal, maxillary, smaller ethmoid and sphenoid sinuses. All of them express specific symptoms when sinusitis appears. The most important for you is sphenoid sinus. When it is affected, you feel, among other, pain behind your eyes. Other sinuses, when blocked, can cause pain in the area around eyes. Therefore, you are right. Blocked sinuses also produce pain behind and around the eyes. The best thing that you can do is visit a doctor. He will determine the cause of your sinusitis and prescribe proper treatment.