Both my kids, who are four and six years old, have frequent problems with sinus blockages. I would like to attempt sinus drainage using herbs or other natural products to see if this has any effects - either short term or long term, but hopefully long term. These sinus infections are quite concerning to me and I am not sure what causes them, but if my kids continue getting these infections I am sure that can only have an adverse effect on their general health.

You could use magnesium to get the bowels working properly again - these two are often linked. Some people also claim that Thai Go is a powerful herb to drain the sinuses and cleanse the whole system. I would not know, because I never used this myself, and I am unable to tell you what the possible side effects are. You might want to look into this.