Hi, something is wrong with me lately. Every time when I lay down to sleep, the whole room starts spinning, and I have a feeling like I’m going to fall down through the bed. What could this be about?

Hi, same problem here! I know the feeling. It’s like you’re drunk and try to fall asleep, but you cant because the room wont stop spinning around. The problem is that I have this feeling without any alcohol. I went to a doctor two days ago, and he thinks I have some disease called Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. This condition is an inner ear problem that results in short lasting, but severe, room-spinning vertigo. It’s usually caused by head trauma or a severe cold, and sometimes, it is just part of the aging process. The only thing I don’t understand is why I have a feeling of a room spinning only when I wont to sleep? It was a relief when I read your message, and realized that I’m not the only person with this problem.

hi there i had the vertigo feeling last night i was ever so frightened, what a horrible feeling. 8-|

i have the same feeling, but the last time i woke up to find blood on my pillow, its as if the the whole room is flipping and im falling.

hi i had a sroke 9 year ago and have vertigo.For the past coule year i get dizziness and feel sic when i'm sleeping,but it passes if i lie on my left side,which i can't for long as i have swallowing issues and i choke so its a no win situation.I did go to my doctor he didn't now what it was and said its maybe panic attacks.i disagree.i think myself its the vertigo playing up at night when i'm leeping. any idea's?

if you are sitting or laying down and the room is spinning it normally means that u are going into shock, i go into that type of shock every time i sit in a chair. 8-| :'(

The reason you feel it when you lie down is because it is POSITIONAL -- as in benign paroxysmal POSITIONAL vertigo - or BPPV. If you go see a Physical Therapist they can actually perform a few maneuvers depending on your presentation, and can alleviate the symptoms in 1 - 4 treatments. The majority of people affected by this condition are relieved in one treatment session. It's very simple to treat so go get it treated and get on with your life!!

my head spins at night it makes me to where i can not sleep i even wake up to puck because i cant sleep through it

I have te same problem, I lie down to go to sleep and the room just starts spinning and i feel like im going to throw up and i can't fall asleep

I had the same problem and every time i layed down it felt like i was falling forward when i was just laying on my back or side.  i went to the doctor and he said i have stones (crystals in my inter ear)  if you are having symtoms of vertigo go to your dr and recommend he check for them crystals.    The Epley chair is what i had to used to help. and it worked.

That's weird blood?

i have the same problem when im trying to sleep, its as if im falling and spinning,

I have the same problem but it goes away after I open my eyes and I don't get it all the time

I have the spinning when i first lay down, then it stops. I cant move to quick or i feel dizzy. Had it for 4 days now. Getting on my nerves!!

Oh my goodness I'm glad it not just me. It only started lastnight for me. Severe spinning, I had to move to a different position to get it to stop. It happened 4 different times, 3 being when I laI'd on my left side. It was so bad I'm sure my eyes were moving with it, and not that bad the 1 time I was on my right side. I am a recent severe car rollover accident at highway speeds, resulting in neck surgery. 3 disk fusion. I'm wondering if it might be related.