I had the green light laser one week ago. Before surgery I had a moderately strong stream. I now have a very week stream. Other issues i expected but not this. I heard the oposite. Please respond with any similar experiences.

Hi! I'm not an expert but I found that some men have trouble urinating after laser surgery. If this happens, you may need a urinary catheter in place to drain urine from your bladder for several days. In some cases a catheter may be needed for a week or longer. But normally, serious long-term complications are less likely with laser surgery than with more invasive surgery, such as transurethral resection of the prostate or open prostatectomy. Other Risks of laser surgery include: urinary tract infection, narrowing of the urethra, need for re-treatment, retrograde ejaculation, erectile problems. You should talk to your urologist. I hope this will help.

Tom1942, I too am now one week post op. Surgery was 6/16/2011. My catheter stayed in for four days. After I removed it, my stream was OK, certainly not great, but OK. SInce then it has weakened daily. I am now far worse than before surgery. Question: Did your situation ever get better?

DO NOT HAVE GREENLIGHT if you want to have a normal sex lifer afterwards!

Five weeks post-op I'm still bleeding during urination, dribbling blood after bowel movements, random jabbing pains, burning urethra after urination, pain in bladder valve muscle during last part of urination.

AND having the joys (not!!) of retrograde ejaculation. Odds of getting this "complication" depends on how your surgeon does the procedure. The Greenlight promo brochure states 30% of patients will experience retro ejaculation for up to three months post-op but that usually goes away. Various other web sites about the procedure have that same info. I'm five weeks post op, am experiencing the retro thing accompanied by significant pain in the final parts of the retro ejaculation, and today the surgeon told me that the way he does the procedure the retro thing is 100% guaranteed and worse yet it will be permanent. Direct quote: permanent retro ejaculation is the price you paid to have a better stream.Don't know why he does it this way but he didn't make it clear before the procedure. Had he done so I would have found a different surgeon. I'm only 57 and my sex life is now over thanks to this procedure. Extremely distressed by the outcome of the procedure - easily the worst decision I've ever made in my life.