Hello!

My dad has been having issues urinating since he was treated for his BPH a couple months ago. When he went back to his urologist, the doctor recommended a new prostate stent called the Spanner. I've done some research on the subject and it seems like prostate stents typically aren't very popular, but this one looks totally different and seems like it could be just the thing for my Dad.

Has anyone ever heard of the Spanner before? And if so, what did you think about it?

I would love any advice or suggestions you might have...my Dad is miserable and can't go back to a foley catheter...he needs help now!

THANK-YOU!!!!!

Hi, this is a very disturbing problem. I have not had any experience with the Spanner, but I have read some thing about it. It can be really uncomfortable but, if he can get used to it, I think that this can be a solution for him. After reading few stuff about it, it seams better than foley catheter.
Maybe the best thing for him is to talk to his doctor about it.

Hope that your father gets better. All the best. And just want to say that it is very good thing from you that you care for your father so much. He should be proud to have a son like that.