Is it ever safe to have clavicle bone surgery while pregnant? I broke my left clavicle bone three weeks ago into three pieces. The surgeon said it was a very bad break with two pieces over lapping and one just floating on its own. He would have done surgery but he said there was to high of a risk due to the fact that I was nine weeks pregnant. He said all I could do was hope it fused back together. At times I can still hear a clicking noise in my shoulder and feel it grinding. I don't know what to do.

The clavicle does not need to move, so it is something that you can safely avoid doing while you are pregnant. I'm sure it's very annoying, but you can wait until after you've given birth. Does that help?

Hi there,
Having every surgery during the pregnancy is not safe. And I think that doctors will not be able to do this because I am not sure if you are able to have anesthesia while you are pregnant. There are so many risks involved that I think that doctor will have to make a hard decision if he chooses to operate. Can you tell me how did you break your clavicle bone? This is a big break and you have to find the best possible treatment for you and not to jeopardize your pregnancy at the same time. I hope that you will be get better and that your bone will heal.

Best wishes,
Marco