had subacromial decomp. (including clavicle resection?) and cuff repair Apr. '07. Virtually no post op pain at all. 2 weeks after surgery it started hurting worse than pre-surgery, but different ( no more popping or "joint pain). Pain is now originating at the end of the clavicle ("stump"?) and radiating along left clavicle up into neck at times). sometimes moving right shoulder makes the left one hurt. Don't seem to have any range of motion problems, just pain whether I move or not.
Talked with surgeon and all he said was" the shoulder is stable". Don[t see primary phys. regularly and have been hoping it will go away.
Any ideas? I see primary next month.

Based on your description, it appears that your subacromial decompression precedure has been, for the most part, a success. I am guessing that your new pain may have been a result of the resected clavicle end rubbing against the soft tissues on your left shoulder. No surgery is perfect. Surgeons often have to make an educated guess as to how much the distal end of your left clavicle needs to be shaved off. Excessive bone removal will quarantee freedom from pain, but at the expense of increased joint instability. But in your case, it appears that not enough of your clavicular end was removed. I advise you to talk to your surgeon for my information.