My 9 months old baby has bronchitis –and I am desperate for I am afraid if this could affect her lungs. She is so little and is coughing so hard and though she was diagnosed with bronchitis few days ago she still have the same symptoms and sometimes she even stays out of breath and can't get asleep for this coughing but at least fever disappeared. I wonder is there anything else I could do for my baby-she is now on some coughing syrup with no antibiotics so do you think I should take her back to the hospital just to make sure if some antibiotic is needed.

You need to be patient for it is not likely that bronchitis would disappear that fast especially in babies you know sometimes it takes even few weeks. My now 16 months old son had bronchitis also few months ago but it was caused by some bacteria infection so that is where antibiotics are included but in my son's case antibiotics failed to help so he ended up with pre pneumonia diagnose and get prescribed Longacef injection for a week and generally it took him for about 4 weeks to deal with bronchitis. Anyway I think that your baby has viral bronchitis where no antibiotic helps and I think she will be ok within 2 weeks just make sure to give her plenty of fluids rich and food rich in vitamins.