I'm 18 years old female and for the past four months i've been having constant nausea. I'm positive its not pregnancy (i've taken a pregnancy test once). My diet hasnt changed, and I'm most often sick in the morning (but i still get sick throughout the day and even at night).

The discomfort varies but almost always stays in my throat area - it feels like something's swollen. However when i get extremely nauseous it goes to my stomach. Instead of vomiting i go to the bathroom and defecate. No idea why this is happening to me, but i do know i've been emetophobic since age 4.

Is it just anxiety? Help me... it's ruining my life! I now avoid long car rides, restaurants, and any sort of trips that takes me away from home for more than an hour :'(

i have the exact same thing going on. mine always hits at night though.

I'm having the same problems. It usually starts at night. always after 6:00 pm. there have been times i can't even eat dinner because i feel so sick on my stomach. it started about 3 weeks ago and happens at least 5 out of 7 days of the week. 99% of the time, just minutes after i feel like i need to vomit, it then feel like i need to defecate. i never actually end up defecating however. also, i defecate normally throughout the day. i usually defecate at work 1-5 times a day. i don't know what's going on but it is making life HORRIBLE!

I have been competing with the same symptoms for the past four years now. I am a sophomore in college and can't even go out to parties without going through the process of thinking "do i have a way out of here if i start to feel bad" "how am i going to feel twenty minutes into the party" etc....

I also have anxiety and am on medicine for anxiety which helps sometimes but is more of a 'quick fix' than anything.

I hope you find your cure soon because I don't think I ever will. I have been to countless doctors and no one knows what the problem is. So much for good health care, right? I have given up all hope; I pray that you don't.

God bless.

I am having the exact same problems. I'll be fine for a few hours, and then all the sudden I feel nausous. I've even been waking up at night feeling sick and in the morning when I wake up and I've recently started fainting soon after sometimes. I too have been to the doctor a number of times to no avail.
Good luck trying to figure out whats going on! I'm completely lost!

Does anyone know what's going on? I'm about the same age as the topic starter, and have really bad random nausea... about the same as you described. I'll randomly feel completely sick and it really messes up my emotions - I'll lose all motivation, feel disgusted, anxious or even sometimes paranoid, and at the same time nauseous. I've been missing alot of school for it. I only had a bad attack recently that involved waste, and I had to go to the hospital.. but other than that, everything comes up through my mouth, even if I feel it down there.

My doctor doesn't know what's wrong .. I have had several tests done, and the symptoms come completely randomly, but not as bad as if I forget to take my medication (unrelated).

I've been experimenting with taking lactose out of my diet, as it happened more when I ate dairy... but I really don't think that is the solution as it happens still.

I really hope someone can tell us what the hell is going on.

i have had random nausea, too. For awhile now. at this point I don't know if the nervousness about getting sick is what is making me sick or what.
However, I did start tracking my nausea on the calendar, and noticed that it always seems to come before my period. Usually about a week before. Sometimes it comes in the middle of the month-I guess around ovulation time. My doctor said this could very well be tied to hormones. My symptoms have gotten progressively worse since having a baby, too.

I went through this in high school. It's horrible. There were nights I fell asleep on the bathroom floor. I had infrequent periods, diarrhea and extreme nausea. For me this was also accompanied by occasional lightheadedness, dizziness and vertigo during some days. For awhile I thought it was food allergies but, alas, no. Recently, though, my condition has improved.
Is it possibly acid reflux disease the problem with that is that doctors just put you on medication for that typically without tests. Possible IBS. Have you tried diet changes? Typically watching what you eat can help with this because a lot of food a person eats is pretty questionable. Read ingredients. Anxiety can have a huge impact on your body, also problems with your body can be a factor in anxiety. Try to find out which is the cause of the other. Meditate and practice deep breathing when you feel anxious. IBS is actually quite frequent in women.
A few things you could try:
Don't eat close to bedtime and eat many smaller meals throughout the day. If you are still in school, keep food in your locker to eat between classes. Try a higher fiber diet and try to eat more natural foods. This means reading labels and only eating foods that have ingredients you know what they are. No or few preservatives, colorings, flavorings. Try to cut down on sugar intake, high fructose corn syrup is really bad for you. Drink a lot of water. Do you get regular exercise? That can have effects on your digestive tract. I had to stop eating out too because you don't know what is in restaurant food.
You don't have to do all these things at once. Build up gradually. It is a terrible thing to have to go through. I'm so sorry you all have the same problem. Don't worry, it is possible to feel better.
Good Luck!
L

I have been experiencing the same symptoms and another responder basically nailed it. There is a high chance of it being related to acid reflexes. I was diagnosed with the disease in elementary school, but my doctor told me that luckily since I was so young, my problems would most likely minimize as my body went through adolescent changes. He was right and i rarely had problems with it until now. One of the other responders mentioned a change in your diet and exercise. Although exercise may not sound related to acid reflexes, it does control your body, hormones, and digestive tract, which can all affect acid reflexes. And its a necessity to your lifestyle. But a change in diet is crucial. My doctor told me to stay away from acidic foods such as ketchup or anything tomato based, and tropical fruits such as oranges (or orange juice) He also gave me a medicine called Pepcid AC which has become an over-the-counter drug since I was diagnosed. It definitely helped so I highly recommend it. Of course, read the label and possibly check with your doctor to make sure it is right for you.
Good luck!

D

I started feeling the same symptoms as the rest who posted. When I was 17, a senior in high school, I tried out being a vegetarian and lasted 98 days. I did this so I could be with my girlfriend (who has been a vegetarian for years now), so I wouldn't make her uncomfortable if I wanted to eat something with meat in it.

So, because I changed my diet so abruptly, my immune system went shot, and I got mononucleosis for about 7 weeks.

During this 7 week period, I was stuck in bed and had to let the mono run its course. I was vomiting frequently and could not swallow anything for about a week and was put on an IV drip at my local hospital. I have had a horrible fear of vomiting since I was young.

When I was younger I would throw up a lot, I was always nervous and jittery. But I grew out of it when I was 8 or 9. Unfortunately, mono brought it back.

So, after mono had run its course, I thought I'd be able to just go out and do what I did before I felt this way. Boy, was I sorely mistaken.

For about a year now, at random times, I've been struck by the overwhelming sensation of nausea. I have been diagnosed with Bipolar 3, which is a very slight change in feeling.

This is basically what happens when I have these attacks:
My stomach (the actual stomach, not the lower portion of the torso) churns, and I feel nauseous.
My jaws and fists clench up.
My heartbeat begins to race at an abnormal and alternating rate.
My bpm (breaths per minute) increases from my normal, even rate of 20 breaths to around 60 to 70.

The only places this won't happen with such frequency is at home, at work, or at school. But it still happens in those locations if I run into a high-stress situation.

But when I want to go somewhere out of the ordinary, it becomes blatantly obvious that I'm uncomfortable, not only to myself, but to the people around me.

I have never felt so hopeless in my life. My life is in shambles; I'm struggling to keep my job, school is exhausting, my girlfriend is losing faith in me, people think I'm on drugs when I have an attack.

I recently went to a psychologist to start a prescription of Depakote, and therapy.

I'm not religious in any way, but I pray to God that this will end.

Hello...I feel terrible for you...because I think I know exactly how you feel. I feel extremely nauseous several times a day, sometimes less and sometimes more. It's always accompanied by this strange, constant belching in my throat, which often is the only way to release the pressure, although sometimes it makes me feel worse. Sometimes I can't sleep, sometimes I can't eat, sometimes I can't even swallow. It's also accompanied by debilitating panic attacks, due to the crippling fear I have of vomiting, something I have faced since I was a young child. It's absolutely awful to try and go through life like this, always anxious and afraid...I've tried so many medications for GERD and acid reflux, not to mention Prozac for the anxiety, and still the only things that seem to work are waiting it out, taking a walk, lots of deep breathing, and calling my mommy. I hope you feel better...it's a terrible way to live :-(. I just want to be normal...I hope you get to be normal very soon:).

I've been dealing with the same thing.

It started when I took a high dosage of caffeine. I then stopped drinking, smoking pot, and smoking cigarettes to help kick the caffeine. Then I started getting sick. At first it was a dreadful cold with some nausea thrown in. After I passed that I was healthy for a week or so. Then I started getting severe nausea all the time. Sometimes dizzy spells as well. All my symptoms are very much similar to the other posters. I had to drop out of college since Ican no longer attend due to my sickness. I don't understand what's wrong with me. My life has disappeared though since I can no longer do the things I use to do. Ive gone to a couple doctors and they say they don't know what it is and that nothing showed up in my bloodwork. I thought I could have been pregnant but I had gotten my period, took a test, and only had sex ONCE without protection a long time ago. THe worst part is my family doesn't believe that I truly feel sick. They say its all in my head and that I need to get over it. I'm truly trying but I still haven't kicked it and my life is suffering from it.

My parents are telling me the same thing. I am also addicted to gum because of this. I had Strep in my system and Spinal Meningitis about 3 years ago. And thats when this all started happening. Now it has been getting worse and worse...

Dont know if any of you sufferers still look at this but my boyfriend a while back went through this as well. He was told he has misentric thrombosis (Im sure I spelled it wrong), its basically a blood clot in the intestines, his is blocking the enterance to his liver and a few other organs. He always has trouble with it. Hope its not what any of you have. Oh and it took the doctors a LONG time to figure out what it was before deciding to test for that.

Can you tell me more about this? What symptoms did he specifically suffer from? I think that would be helpful to know. Thanks for posting about this. I was unaware of it!