Hi everyone.

I'm really hoping someone out there can help. My husband is 28 years old and has been sick and in immense pain for the last year (he got sick on 9/12/09). After eating pizza one night at a local pizza place (it was pepperoni and he had 2 pieces), we went to Whole Foods. When we were driving home, he started getting very pale and sick. He said he was in terrible pain and was nauseous and thought he was going to vomit. I told him to pull over to the side of the highway and I would drive. On the drive home, he got worse - to the point where he asked me to take him to the ER. Anyone who knows my husband knows that he would never go to the hospital voluntarily. He's afraid of doctors and hospitals. When we got there, they took him in. After a night of tests, we were told nothing was wrong with him. From that night on, he has been ill. Since then, he has had his gallbladder removed (which was only working at 16% - I guess that wasn't the problem, because he's not any better - sometimes he says he's worse!), 2 endoscopies, 1 colonoscopy, multiple CT scans, MRIs, x-rays, upper GIs, celiac's test, lactose test (to see if he has an overgrowth of bacteria in his stomach), tests and treatments for c. dificile (which he got during surgery... is and has been clear for over 6 months now), testing for diabetes many times... I know I'm forgetting more, but it's been a year of testing and disappointment and depression over not finding out what's wrong.

He's been put on and taken off med after med with no relief. Some even made him worse.

I'm hoping anyone has... well, SOMETHING!!! It's been over a year now and this is beyond ridiculous. He's been to so many doctors who have given up because they can't figure it out, and just pass him along to the next one in line, so to speak. He has been seeing a specialist in Boston for months now. Still, nothing :'( I feel especially awful because I had my gallbladder removed about 2 months before he did, and I'm FINE!!! I wish it was the other way around.

So PLEASE - if you have any ideas, suggestions, ANYTHING - please let me know. I hate seeing him like this and him being so sick. I'll take anything you have.

I'm sorry, I forgot to add that the pain is in his chest and stomach. Sometimes it goes through to his back. One source of the pain, however, is at the surgery site (one of his scars).

Hi.Have you ever thought of a parasitic infection??? I would have him get tested through a lab specifically for parasite.Diagnose tech lab is one...find an ND doc in your area who can order the testing.Im dealing with the same issues right now....I have severe abdominal pain,nausea,a burning sensation in my stomach and back,extremely tired and weak,bouts of diahera and constipation.Also night sweats.

santos61198 wrote:

Hi everyone.

I'm hoping anyone has... well, SOMETHING!!! It's been over a year now and this is beyond ridiculous. He's been to so many doctors who have given up because they can't figure it out, and just pass him along to the next one in line, so to speak. He has been seeing a specialist in Boston for months now. Still, nothing I feel especially awful because I had my gallbladder removed about 2 months before he did, and I'm FINE!!! I wish it was the other way around.

what u have said and all the symtoms mension in the replyed are tipical of swine flesh eaters. do not eat pork, ham, peperony, etc. any products made from this animal which is not suitable for food. start eating raw living food-lots of vegetables and fruits and nuts. make green juices. make a test: do not eat meat of any kind for about three months but enough of fruit, nuts and vegies and you will see your husban rise up to normal life.
God will help you n will give u the wisdom u need.

It sounds like a gastrointestinal problem. How is your husband now any break throughs? If you haven't already done so I suggest seeing a gastrointestinologist. It could be gastritis or gastroesophageal reflux disease(GERD) both of which cause problems after ingesting food. GERD tends to cause problems with highly acidic or spicy foods, but an endoscopy should have picked up inflammation caused by either of these conditions. I would suggest an ulcer but an endoscopy would have found this also. It makes sense that his gallbladder was removed considering his reaction to the pizza would have to do with the gallbladder not being able to aid in the digestion of fats at such a low function. 

Has he been tested for any other possible food allergies it could be as simple as an additive he is having a reaction too. What is his diet like? Have you tried eliminating processed foods? Has he been tested for mononucleosis? Because after this virus it can cause you to be sick for quite some time. Is the house you live in free of mould? Mould can also cause gastrointestinal problems in some people. Can you think of anything that had changed in routine? Living arrangements? Diet? Stress? A body under stress can exude horrible complications including digestive problems. Possibly try eliminating any sources of stress. Let me know how things are and I'll get back to you. Wishing you both good health.

pray. God is the GOd of all health n healing. it could be a physical thing or a spiritual thing, or both, but i know God heals. simply ask Him, in Jesus Name. :) a follower of His.