So I'm a pretty healthy kid, never broken a bone or needed a cast in any way. I get strep throat a lot and get sick quiet often but nothing ever serious. I'm 17, and ill be 18 in a week, im 5 feet and 6 inches and i usually weigh around 125 pounds. I eat pretty healthy and i get the minimum amount of exercise daily but with work, school and almost graduating im pretty busy, so im on my feet all day. On monday march 28th i was driving to school, then all i remember is waking up to a firemen poking me, asking me for my name and a bunch of other questions. i was told that i ran into a tree. I went to the hospital and had an iv, with blood taken, and urine. then had an mri of my brain and a xray of my neck. my glucose level was really low, i guess it was at a 67 but other then that it was all clean, but they gave me anitbiotics for my new step throat. today is now wednesday, and someone told me they saw the entire accident. she said she couldnt see anyone driving, then when it wrecked she saw me slumped over. also a teacher at my school who ran to my car said there was foam at my mouth. im getting more tests done at the hospital tomorrow, but im so confused because ive never had a seizure before, well only that i know of. and i cant drive till the doctor figures it out. any ideas what caused it? I NEED HELP !!!!!!!!

67 is a little low but normally you wouldn't pass out from it. Have they done a "fasting blood sugar test" on you? It's to determine your blood sugar levels and how well you process sugars.

It very well could be related to an infection and stress.

It sounds like your doctors are checking out the possible causes. Give them some time to get the test results back and figure you out.

Try not to worry about it.

no they havent, i get more tests tomorrow. and thank you. im just worried because if i was on the highway i could be dead or killed someone else.

I'm sure you're pretty upset by this and the not knowing.

Give the doctors some time. The infection can cause this, especially if you're running around a lot.

Keep us posted.

I'm glad you're OK and nobody got hurt.

So my doctors appointment got cancelled because now we are having an insurance problem. The office lady was insisting that we have to use our car insurance for my medical bills but my dad was arguing about it saying i had the seizure before the car accident and thats why it happened. My dad said if it goes on our car insurance there going to take away my license and ill be almost un-insurable. so now it could take a really long time before i end up seeing a doctor :-(

i went back to the doctors, and they determined it was not a seizure, but instead i blacked out. so now they are testing me for hypoglycemia because my blood sugar was a 67 over an hour after eating. ever since i blacked out, my head hurts, my body hurts, im tired, hands and feet are falling asleep way more then they used too,i threw up today, and my temp was 99.9, and my stomach hurts almost 24'7. should i be worried?? im pretty use to having an upset stomach and numbness all the time, but now its even more often.

Thanks for the update. I'm glad you saw the doctors.

67 an hour after eating is a bit low, we usually consider 70-120 to be "normal." You do have a low fever as well.
The numbness you're feeling can be a symptom of hypoglycemia, along with the stomach.

I don't think you need to be worried. You may have an illness or infection that is contributing to the hypoglycemia. Your temperature is somewhat high so you're probably fighting something. Give the doctors some time to find out what is going on. Please make sure that you tell them of all your symptoms, including the numbness and stomach being upset. You need to keep a good line of communication with them. Do you ever have blurred vision? Feel shaky? Have a fast hearbeat or numbness in the tongue? Let them know if you do.

Keep us posted and good luck.

Hello to you too,

In response to your post, I do sometimes have blurred vision but I figure It's from a contact moving around In my eye or something. I'm nearsighted at like 20/100. I have never had a numb tongue, that I know of, and my pulse is always slightly higher then it should be. The nurses that have take it before, even during regular appointment's, say that I'm just nervous, even though I'm completely relaxed.
Early this March I was in the ER for severe chest pain and breathing troubles, I stayed overnight with an IV (ouch) and had an EKG, Ultrasound and a Chest X-ray, which were clean. The Doctor said that the way I described the pain, made it sound like I had Heartburn. But he said since the pain was so severe, that i needed morphine, he thought it was most likely Acid Reflex Disease (My Uncle has it too) or maybe an Ulcer, and told me to get more test with my primary doctor. I've had the same pains before, but they have never been that painful. My mother never scheduled an appointment because she decided it was heartburn, and that the doctor was being careful. Even though I remember him telling me that he was almost positive, it was not Heartburn (I was not on morphine when he told me).
Could that be related to any of my other symptoms, or help explain what happened?
Or could it be completely none related to my blackout, and just a coincidence?

The reason why I have so many questions is because I want to become a nurse, so I'm really interested in finding out what's going on, For my safety and for my education.

Oh, and my blood work should be ready by Tuesday or Wednesday this week, So when I learn the results I'll defininetly let you know. Thank you so much for talking about this with me. My parents try to ignore me like nothing's wrong, or might be wrong, so hearing your opinion has helped me worry less.

Thank you Again.

Your blurred vision could be related to the contacts. I wear them and they do "dry" out sometimes and things get fuzzy.

As to the pain, I'm not sure the cause. They ruled out the basics. Without knowing exactly where it is it could be Acid Reflux but it could also be related to the gallbladder or pancreas.

Keep us posted on the results.

Please don't worry to much. Your parents are very concerned, I'm sure of that. They may just want to not let you know how concerned they are.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday from my doctor, that said my blood tests where clean.
But when she tested my blood again, i had eaten an hour to two hours prior, and i read online at tons of sites including Web.Md, that your supposed to not eat for 8 hours. But the doctor never told us that, so I am very confused.
When your blood gets tested, does it test numerous things or just one?
I'm still having chest pain, cant lie on my back or breath deeply without pain.
During the day my hands and feet or still numb/tingley. But at night, or if im laying down at any time, my legs and arms get tingly.
As Ive stated before, I'm used to hands and feet being numb quiet often. But its gotten way worse since the accident. Its been going on 24'7 since Monday the 28th of March. I've had pain in my neck and my back for a year, sometimes i can deal with it, and sometimes i have to take pain Meds. I hit my head while snowbording and ever since its hurt. Maybe its supposed to but i dont know. I just dont ever feel good. I cant remember the last time that i wasn't in pain for only a day. I eat healthy and get enough exercise, but even when i did exercise with a trainer, still had pain. I just dont know what to do.

I just turned 18. So i dont know if i should take the initiative and get more tests, or more opinions, which i could pay for myself.

I'm glad the results were normal. It depends what they were testing for as to whether or not you can eat beforehand. I would have expected a fasting blood sugar test, which means the 8 hour wait. Yes, they can test for multiple things, but they have a standard "panels" of tests. Again, I wouldn't know what was ordered.

The tingling feelings could be from your snowboard injury.

Give the doctor a call and ask to discuss the results. If you have to, follow up with a visit if you can.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted.

Hey, there,
Have you had any recent vaccinations/shots? Think carefully...any within last few weeks or month? If so, which ones? This is a very important question.

I had a tetanus shot in early december because i almost cut my finger off on accident, while cutting cheese. 3 days after i got it stitched it was infected, so they gave me the shot and antibiotics.
i think around 2 months ago, i received the depo shot, but I've been taking it for over a year now.
thats all i can think of, anything else would be around a year ago or even more.