hi there, I'm a 21 year old and i've had a very embarrassing problem.

I normally have some brown discharge with some hints of blood about two weeks before my period, lasting only a few days (avg. 3). However this month (Oct.) it has lasted for 10 days, no cramping. It is fairly heavy, meaning i have to use one panty liner a day. I am not on any form of birth control pill, my boyfriend and I had sex for the first time in over 2 months right before this discharge appeared (I go to school far away from him, we haven't had sex since the summer).

The sex was protected by a condom and he pulled out, and checked every condom after we were done - no breaking. It normally doesn't concern me, I HIGHLY doubt that I am pregnant, and we haven't been sleeping with anyone else, so no real chance of a STD. I don't have a doctor where I go to school, and im really uncomfortable with the thought of going to a gyno.

I should be getting my period next week, should I just wait it out til then? is this normal? could it be some infection that will pass on its own?