Hello. I am having some problems here with my cat. Here’s what happened. I went to see my boyfriend in Sweden. We live far from each other but we successfully maintain our relationship, we visit each other often, and when we do, we stay together for a whole week . Two weeks ago I went to see him. I was supposed to stay only for a couple of days, a week top, but I ended up staying there for 13 days. When I came back, I had an unpleasant surprise. The girl I asked to watch my cats told me that she has lumps on her paws. I am freaked out. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of these lumps?

It all depends on what caused these lumps.

They are usually caused by spider bites or any insect bite, some foreign objects stuck between your cat’s toes, some small or big infection or a tumor.

Now, you should check your cat’s paw and search for this bite wounds or foreign objects. If you find any, clean the spot where you see them and remove sting if you find any. That is all the work that you can do.

Actually, you can put some Epsom salts in water and hold your cat’s paw inside for 10 to 15 minutes. In case it’s any other cause, you should consult with your vet since that other stuff can be pretty serious.

Hey guys,
I’ll just add one thing to the post written above me: lumps can be caused by a hot asphalt, too, although I’m almost sure that it’s not the cause in this case. You can treat lumps with antibiotics, too. You are going to need to examine your cat’s paw anyway. Do what the person above told you and hope to find something. Usually, if you can’t find anything, than the problem is inside the body. That includes infections, cancer, all sorts of skin diseases and etc. Epsom salts can help but they are only used to quicken the process of removing lumps after the cause has been removed. It cannot itself help to remove the lumps

Hey everyone.

It depends what is the cause. Like others told you lumps are usually caused by some bites or maybe some broken nail.

If you can see a large knot or maybe a sore lump on your cat’s paw, this is probably caused by some foreign body. Any foreign body is extremely uncomfortable to animals. In this case minor surgical removal is required. Your vet will prescribe meds for you cat as well.

When you notice that your cat has lump on her paw you should check it very carefully.

If you don't know what to do visit the vet.

Hey there rubylock. This is a very ugly situation. Maybe you don’t need to freak out because of it. Maybe it is just a bite or some foreign object. I mean others already told you. My experience with this type of situation was very unpleasant because I didn’t saw that my cat has some lumps on paws. When I notice this it was a little bit late. It was the worst thing that could happen – it was a tumor. My cat undergo really aggressive treatment. She was on really strong medications. Side – effects were really painful. She was weak, skinny and unhappy. Now she is pretty much ok. But she is not the cat that I had. She is different. It was all my mistake because I didn’t observe her paws and I didn’t visit the vet for three months.

Hello. I agree that there is no better solution than Epsom salts in water. In warm water. Benefits of Epsom salts are known for years. People was using it and they discovered that this is good for cats and dogs, especially if they have some lumps on paws. There are a lot of causes for this. I won’t repeat them because others told you a lot. There are other ways to get rid of lumps – one is to visit the vet and let him do this (this is safe option). The other good option is castor oil. Dip the cotton in to hot water, squeeze out the excess and pour some of the castor oil on the hot cotton. Put it on your cat’s paw. Leave it there until starts to cool.

Hi there,

It all depends on the cause, actually.

Let’s suppose that these lumps are nothing serious: that they are there because of an insect bite, sting or something similar. In this case, you need to examine your cat’s paw, find the wound and clean it. In case she burned her paw pad, treatment depends on how bad it is burned.

On the other hand, if the lumps are caused by some bad infection or even cancer, you will need to visit your vet.

In case it’s cancer, the leg usually ends up being amputated. In case of infection, the vet will probably prescribe some antibiotics for your cat. I hope this was helpful.

Hey you guys,
I agree with you Whisperer, Epsom salts are known to be helpful with these kind of things. Now I have just one question about Epsom salts: if there is a sting stuck in her cat’s paw pads or any other foreign objects, can Epsom salts remove it or she has to do it “manually”? I think not.
It does all depend on the cause. In the scariest case, she can have cancer and her leg might have to be amputated. In all other cases, it can be treated with antibiotics or with just finding the cause (if it’s a bite or a foreign object) and dealing with it properly.

Hi guys,

Dear Rubylock, I believe that you have all the info you need written in the posts above. Lumps on paws are usually never dangerous, unless they are cancerous. In that case I can’t recommend a treatment for them, your vet needs to do that.

In any other case, like everyone already told you, you should examine your cat’s paw for any foreign objects and remove them if found. Put the paw with the lump in Epsom salts and make it stay there for 15 minutes. The lumps should be gone after you clean the place where the sting was or the bite wound, if her paw was bitten by an insect or something.