Hope somebody can advise me please. I am 5 weeks post op, bunion, osteotomy, tendon release. I had a block put in the back of my thigh for the operation, when i was moved from the gurney to the operating table, the machine went off and my whole body from toes to my neck started shake like a fit, when they stopped it, they put me under GA and performed the op. I asked when i came around what had happened they said they didn’t no! Well, i keep getting terrible muscle spasms from my hip to my bad foot and the foot spasms and shakes, it seems to happen more during the evening. Sometimes if i touch where the block was put in it shoots pain down, surgeon doesn’t seem bothered. Has anybody experienced this or maybe there is an anesthetist who may be able to advise, it is terrible and i can only walk with crutches and have lots of ankle pain and swelling.Any advise, i am desperate.Thanks

It seems that they may have hit a nerve that runs down your leg.  It doesn't sound like they want to admit to it, however.  If you have issues with it, you should see another doctor about it that isn't affiliated with that hospital.  They may be able to run some tests that will determine if a nerve had been damaged in some way.  It may be a certain position you are in, like sitting too long, that may aggravate the nerve, causing the spasms.  You should get looked at by someone since the surgeon is avoiding the issue with you.

Thank you for your reply. Also, when they did the block, both my legs were numb, which i told them before the fit thing! When i came around only the operated leg was numb. For the first 2 weeks both legs would spasm and my left arm pins and needles and my thumb and middle finger would squeeze together, this has stopped now and it is just the operated leg hip down.