I am healing well 3 weeks after the bunion and hammer toe surgery, although the external part of the pin constantly irritated me even wish cushioning & gauze.
My toes feel limp and numb, is that normal? I have been told to do toe exercises, I'm assuming that will help the toes feel like they are part of the foot again?

Thanks
SL

i had bunion surgery a month ago and felt the same thing ater 3 weeks. my doctor said that it was normal and suggested the toe exercises (they hurt a bit) as well to get the my foot back on track. i apply ice when the stretches become strenuous.

Hi I had bunion surgery 5 days ago and so far things have gone well. I took my pain meds when I go home and haven't had much pain. I have taken over my husband's lazy boy recliner, so I just sit and read and write to friends on the internet. I am afraid to do too much and am wondering how much can I do. If you don't rest, the foot can swell and infection can set in and there you have problems. It is helpful to read what other people are doing

hi i am 12 and gittin bunion surgery on both feet im goin for my 2nd appointment next week should i be scared about gettin an op and could i go to skool straight after it 8-|

your 12 and you got bunioln is that because they run in your family i hear bunion surgery is long lasting so as for school you be out for a minute

I am surprised they are operating on you so young... I have bunions ( hereditary) So I had them when I was 10 but the doctor told me that I had to wait until the plates in my foot have stopped moving.. meaning when I've stopped growing. THey WONT operate on someone so young that is still growing.. WEIRD by the way I'm 17 now and finally getting in to do my left foot

I am 43 and i've also had bunions all of my life (hereditary). Recently I went to the orthopedic doctor and he said I've got a sever case of bunion feet. I will be having surgery on august 1st on one of my feet then next year I will get the other one done. Thanks for the information.

Hey there guest here again (two comments above) just got my left foot operated on .... an MT chevron osteotomy, the pain isn't so bad but more of an uncomfortable feeling... I can't sleep proper without taking an extra dose of what they prescribed: oxycocet I beleive. had it on the 4th of september and have my checkup on the 16th of september, cant wait to see what is looks like and to hear what they have to say!

Had an osteotomy and AKIN procedure Sept 12th. Had a nerve block to assit with the pain which lasted 14 hours. After it wore off, had really bad pain, even the pain relief didn't help. Felt like my foot was going to explode. Currently feeling better, can weight bear through my heel, have a small plaster cast and dressing which are due off tomorrow. Hope they don't put another on. Hope they have put in dissolving stitches, as its still tender.

Im 17 now, i started having bunion surgery on my right foot when i was 15, it took three different surgerys on my foot before it was finally set into place and not coming back anymore. My left foot was done not much after and I have had somthing like 3 or 4 surgerys on it aswell; but as of today, it still has a bunion and needs surgery soon. this left foot still causes me alot of pain and i have dropped out of basketball bacause of it. I really dont want another surgery because my healing time is extensive. I dont want to miss out on anymore money from work, or any more school. last year alone in my sophmore year i missed 63 days of school due to surgerys. I dont think waiting is going to help anything, but i am frustrated and dont know when the best time to do this surgery would be. After most of the past surgerys i was in a cast for around 8 to 10 weeks, and not able to work for about 3 months. (I work at Kroger, bagging grocerys, pushing carts, and anyother c**p they want us to do.) :-) help.

I had bunion surgery on 2/2/08. They had to place two screws when they thought only one. Well...no pain, swollen but doing well. Went to work week after. Fell on the stairs there twice..work at a school and the kids thought it funny. Anyhow..fell in the shower last Thursday at 4.75 weeks. Got bandage wet. Went to doc and he redressed it. Told me I had to wear boot until the weekend and leave wrapped. Then Sat could unwrap and wear shoe. Took shoe horn to get it into shoe. Each day it gets more sore. bruising where bunion had been. More pain than ever. Is this normal? I didn't even take pain med after surgery!

Hi, just two weeks out of my cast and back to work after right foot bunion surgery. But when I get up in the morning my foot is so weak I can barely walk. Yesterday i was walking normal all day now today i am limping like Fred Sanford. Whats the deal, today my big toe is so sore, I go back to my doctor next week and can not wait to see him. I was non weight bearing for 8 weeks my foot did not even touch to floor. I am not having my other foot done.

I am 23, I had bunion surgery on both feet 8 weeks ago. Still really sore, think I pushed myself too far by going back to uni/work too early. I can't place the big toe on my left foot on the ground, not sure if this is because it is still swollen or if it has healed in the wrong place..? Really struggling, can hardly walk any distances without being in agony and there is not really any footwear that I can comfortably wear. Wishing for the pain to go away...

my name is riley and im 15 in 7 days i will be going in for bunion surgery, not long after that i will get my left one done aswell, thinking about the surgery is is making my bunion hurt much more than it normaly does, im scared for surgery... alot... hospitals creep me out enough never mind being operated on. ever since my grd 10 trip to the hospital and meeting the guy in the morg, and how weired the people who work there are, i have my mom dad step mom sister and boyfriend going to be there for me when i wake up, that dosnt bother me, just the intisipation of the surgery and how grose it must be i will be in a cast for 2 weeks along with crutches, after 2 weekes i will get cast off and i will get a new one on, should i be worries about the pain afterwords?? the doc says i will have about 20 pins in my foot to make sure its numb for the first day, but i hear its unbearable. and when i wake up.... will i be sick?? casue puking makes me more quezzy... hospitals are not my place.... help!!!! im scared!

Hi, my name is Kyrelle, im 21 and from Gibraltar. I have had bunions for as long as i can remember (hereditary). I am through my 2nd week and 5th day of post op period and iam not regretting one second of it! I must say i am feeling a bit of pins and needles/ numbness in my big toe, but i have been told it will gradually disappear. I have also been doing some toe physiotherapy myself and am gradually able to bend and flex my toe more and more each day. i have only had one foot done because of hospital procedures, but will have the other foot done in a few months time, hopefully!! :-)

My stitches have been removed and i don't have to wear the hideous velcro shoe anymore. ai still have to walk on my heel though, and i have been given a silicone spacer for my big toe and second toe. I am told i have to wear this spacer for the rest of my life...at least until my toe heels completely. Has anyone been given the same post op review??