Hi everybody. I’m 24 and when I was younger I was treated for burkits (not sure for spelling) lymphoma. I’ve had several other events since then. To be honest, I really know nothing of this disease and was wondering if I could get some info. Also, links on this topic would be very useful. I know there are some serious issues regarding this disease, so I would like to learn more about it. Thanks.

Hi there. I 'm a parent of a child who was treated for a leukemia, even though somewhat different from Burkitt Lymphoma (the one you were treated for). Most were therapy related side-effects with prednisone and other immune-suppressants.
There are also few things that I can tell you. For example, if you were on prednisone, your risk of osteoarthritis and osteoporosis is much higher compared with other people your age. You may also need to supplement with calcium, magnesium and Vit D, especially if you had longer treatment. Hope this helps.

stika wrote:

Hi everybody. my cousin is 4 years old and we found out last wek he has birketts in his stomach.... his chemo started on friday and since then he has already had to have a blood tranfusion and now hes been rushed to theatre with a burst bowel... how serious is this? they said it was curable but already after jus a couple of days hes had these two serios things, please reply soon