Hey, about 8 months ago I woke up with a sore neck and noticed a swollen lymph node, and I started to panic not because of lymphoma but because of hiv (recently had a unprotected oral sex incident) went to see my doctor and they weren't concerned then both sides of my neck had multiple lymph nodes and I develop lyphnodes on my neck...went back to the doctors and we did the appropriate hiv tests in te right time frames up to 3months wich is conclusive in Australia according to my doctor, also had blood work done to check my cell count and to check for mono ect and all came back fine, my doctor also got me to have a ct scan done on my lymph nodes and she said she was not concerned since none were bigger than 2cm, and that it was most likely just a viral thing and it will pass. But now 5months later I still have my swollen lymph nodes and and extra symptom of itching all over my body. I have been tired alot since before I even noticed the lymph nodes but I just put that down to lack of a refusal sleeping pattern and university stress...so really my question is should I push my doctor for more test or should I be happy with what has been told to me, that sometimes after a viral infection lymph nodes just don't want to go down...I am a young 20 yo girl and really hoping that I don't have lymphoma esspecially since I would assume mine to be slow progressing since the lymph nodes haven't really gotten any bigger and from what I have read that is the more fatal one to have. Please any help would be much appreciated

Why didn't your doctor send you for a simple blood test to see if Lymphoma was present? I have NHL(Folicular), and the symptoms you are describing ..tiredness,trouble sleeping etc are some of the symptoms....I was diagnosed 9 years ago (advanced stage 4) and given the prognosis of 5-7 years..the initial treatment of Chemo was what they called hard and fast, Now research has come on in "Leaps and bounds" and the treatment is still hard but the prognosis is so much better, (12-20) years, My consultant is very pleased with me and, I have the occasional hiccup, I struggle when I get a cold that inevitably ends up with a chest infection and I had my 1st bout of Pneumonia 2 years ago, but low Platelets were my major problem through the 1st 5 years which was treated with high steroids, I then had to have treatment once with Rituximab to get my Platelets up, this  they hoped would work for up to a year...that was nearly 5 years ago...The symptom of sweats were my biggest problem for about 7 years, but the high dose of steroids didn't help, now the sweats are very few and I have just been given my first gap of 6 months till I see my consultant Oncologist again, and 4 months ago I had a Hip replacement, my age is 59. so...don't worry, get a blood test done, and go from there, it is very  frightening but remember...Lymphoma is 100% treatable...90% curable, I unfortunately fall in to the 10% that is not curable, but hey...I'm still here and doing very well, go get more advice, and I wish you every good wish for the perfect results, Take Care...Hazel...x

Thank you so much for the reply, they did do blood tests and they all came back fine, but I read that the only true way to see if you have lymphoma or not is if you have a biopsy done on a lymph node, but I made another appointment with my doctor now and the earliest I can see her is in a month but I am going to demand further tests to be done because if this was a viral thing I would have defiantly thought my lymph nodes would be down by now. I wish you all the luck with your future and happy to see you have such a great outlook...hopefully it is nothing and I can put this to rest, unforgettably it is always that what ifs that get to you.