Over the past week I have been feeling a very funny feeling in my fingertips. It is only in the first three fingers on my left hand. It comes and goes but has been happening more and more often. This feeling is not painful. It first happened when I was cooking on the stove. I thought fire jumped out and touched those three fingers on their tips. They do not tingle they just get really hot like they are on fire and then the feeling goes away a few minutes later. Once again it is not painful, it comes and goes but is happening more often.

Please help I am worried!!!!

I am so glad to read that someone else has this sensation of hot fingertips on the left hand middle 3 fingertips. Not painful - but sensation that they are burning. It comes and goes - usually lasts about 5 minutes then goes away - comes back in about an hour. It has been occuring more often lately. At first it was only once a day - then as the days progressed it would come more often. Now after two weeks of this, it occurs about 6 times a day.

I have just been diagnosed with Lupus (Sjogren's and Systemic). I have been taking Prednisone for about 2 months and didn't have this sensation earlier. I just started Plaquenil yesterday - but had the symptoms before I started taking that drug.

Does anyone have any ideas what this might be?

I started getting this sensation about four days ago while on holiday in Amsterdam.. Anyone know what causes it or what it might be?

I too have hot fingertips but mine are very sore. I was diagnosed with Carpal tunal Syndrome and that could be whats wropng with you. Go have this test done to make sure ;-)

I have the same problem too, and began to worry when I read that so many other people experience it also...... then I remembered that I was cutting up a lot of chilli's last night and wonder if that had anything to do with it.... Has anyone been chopping chilli's lately???

yes! i was chopping chilis last night and ever since i've been having the hot fingertips...is that normal?

I got the hot-fingers feeling this morning too, and id made some superspicy pasta last night with--chillies.

so, that explains it. wow. although i wonder, why is it only left hand and first three fingers? i thought it had something to do with the fact that im lefthanded but i guess not.

Okay so I thought something was seriously wrong because my fingertips on my right hand (all 4 fingers, not thumb) are stinging like CRAZY and have been for about a half hour.... I made some really spicy food today and chopped up fresh so I guess that's what it is. Weird though... it's not like I have any cuts or anything.... I guess it just penetrated the skin somehow.

I got some bootster shots at school and after that my pointer finger fingertip on my right hand gets hot. I think it might have someting to do with that but im not sure. Its driving me crazy!

I have the solution! (for most of you at least)

So I too was having the sensation of burning fingertips...
Last night I cooked with jalepenos
Tonight I took a shower which opened up my pores on my skin, hence the burning fingers.

In case you did not know, the juice will stay in your skin for many days which is why some cooks recommend chopping peppers w/ gloves on

:-D

Ha, well I am glad it is not carpal tunnel, or lupus. I have been experiencing this (which is why I searched the topic and found this forum) - and I too cooked with jalapenos last night that were incredibly hot. (I carve them out and fill them will cheese and bake them)

I just showered and realized my fingers were burning.

Thank God someone mentioned the jalapeno issue - because otherwise, I would have been concerned.

Those are some powerful little veggies!

Lauren

Oh my gosh!! Thank you so much for posting about the jalapenos... I chopped up a bunch of them last night for white chili and after getting out of the shower this morning, my left fingers are on fire!!! It makes sense when you think about it I guess... you don't really touch them so much with the hand that's holding the knife. Wow, next time I will definitely take the time to use my chopper!!! This is painful!!!!!!

haha...same here, 'burning fingertips,' first 3 fingers and a little on the thumb...made a rudimentary google search and landed here...yep, chopping and de-seeding chillies last night...cheers folks

wow, so glad i read this i was starting to worry about the burning sensations on my fingers of my left hand, then when i heared everyone saying about chopping chilies/jalapenos and it made me think of my pico de gallo i made the night before and how it started to burn after the shower, cool beans! glad its nothing serious.

give me money