Hello! My sister caught cold a week ago. She had fever and running nose and she coughed a lot. She took plenty of fluids, some pain and fever relievers and she rested at home the whole week. Although her fever has gone she still coughs and I think she has bronchitis. When I told her she could have bronchitis she told me it is not possible to have a cold and bronchitis at the same time. Is it possible to have a cold and bronchitis at the same time?

Hello! Well, cold and bronchitis are connected. Bronchitis is even sometimes called a chest cold. Bronchitis often follows cold and flu which is often caused by virus. Persistent cough after symptoms of cold are already gone is the first sign of possible bronchitis. It usually lasts not longer then a week or ten days. Usually it is only needed to take lots of fluids, rest at home but in case serious difficulties with breathing you should visit your doctor.

Well.. it is possible... I'm an asthmatic but, almost whenever I catch a cold, I also get a bronchitis at the same time... it's like my cold infections could be called bronchitis, but it starts with a cold usually on first two days. It really is possible to have both at the same time. Actually bronchitis is a chest cold, and the two are very connected.