Hi I burnt my throat 4 days ago eating hot food...... swallowed instead of spitting it out as I was out for dinner and it is still very painful. I stll cannot eat whole food and have been pureeing all my food. Can anyone tell me how to ease the pain and also how long this is going to last, I'm at my wits end as my stomach can not handle any more pain relief as I had toothache for 2 weeks prior and now this...... depressing. Help please.
Cannot find any helpful info online.

Hallo,

Any burn is very dangerous, but the fact that you have burnet your throat make things even more complicated. I know when I burn my tongue I have problems but I can’t imagine what kind of pain you have. I think that your best option is to try to eat some ice, and if this doesn’t help, my advice would be to try to eat honey. Honey is very helpful when it comes to easing up irritations. This might help you with the regeneration of the burned tissues in your throat as well. Also watch what you eat until your throat is healed. I hope this helped you a bit.

All the best to you,

Karen

Hi , I burned my throat 2 days ago on hot spagetti sauce. It is very painful, & I can't sleep because of it. I tried spray, that has numbing effect but does not work. I found out it is a blister, but I feel like I am having chills, & get warm really fast. I hope it is not infected. I am scared too. I am also going through a depression which makes it worse.

Hello, I burnt my throat eating my dinner around 16:00 on Sunday, got too about 23:00 and that's when it started effecting me. It's not so much the pain, but the feeling of something stuck, I too suffer from depression and anxiety and as soon as I tried to go to sleep the anxiety kicked in and started swallowing constantly.....it's not a nice feeling what so ever, just wish it would go away ;

I burnt my throat drinking hot milk last night.  Guess there's not much to do except maybe have a little honey as posted above. We'll get through this. ;)

Ur so calm.

Thanks, Karen. You're nice. And calming.

I burnt my throat 3 days ago with hot chocolate. The honey idea does help with my regular sore throats. I think it would help with the pain and may help with healing. I suggest not eating anything that could hurt your throat on a regular basis such as crakers.

Spaghetti sauce for me this afternoon and OMG it is very very painful

Stay away from hot food and liquids but drink plenty of cool water to help relieve the pain n burns suck in the body's natural moisture. Aso, try marek low root tea or licorice root tea. Google the recipes for the exact amount of eat root you need to mix in. Use sore throat spray, lozenges, OTC pain meds and/or anti-inflammatories, and avoid hard,spicy, crunchy and hot foods and liquids. Keep a close eye on your body temp and keep a temperature diary and more when it happened and how it happened incase you have to go to the dr. I hope you all have and find comfort from that irritating pain in the arse!!!

Yeah I drunkenly made fried rice and ate it straight outta the pan. It's been 4 days, I just looked in my throat and I can see little blisters so this girl is going to the doctors tomorrow :(

I know that feeling all too well. I have a burnt throat together with an ulcer due to too strong pain killers. The doctor gave me Mucaine to sooth the throat and to ease the ulcer. It is helping thus far, however, you still need to chew your food very fine or liquidize it. Not sure how long it will take to heal, just be patient. Don't eat or drink any hot food of fluids. Plenty of rest, and try not to talk too much. I do hope all goes well and that you recover.

Hey man, see you posted this a year ago, im going through the same thing, in my 7th week(bc i mistreated it) and i seen u posted this a year ago so is everything good now?? How long was it, and mine was right on the right tonsil

I burnt my throat tasting my beef stew. I came for advice because it hurts to swallow but now that I'm reading all these other comments I realize we are all just a bunch of m****s and deserve to suffer for our stupidity.

I was grinding metal under a truck and a piece of the hot sheet metal I was cutting shot down my throat.i Burt it bad now in hospital with a Trakeotomy