I am currently on day 14 and wanted to give my advice as well as see what others have experienced. Thanks for your comments!
MUST HAVE:
Acvtivia Yogurt & regular Yogurt - Antibiotics can cause thrush on your tongue and constipation, eat 2 during the week to prevent both. Switch to regular yogurt if you want more (activia will cause diarrhea if you eat too much)
Dramamine
2 ice packs (put in stocking or sleeve and tie around neck so they hang at throat)
Percocet (the liquid pain killers will most likely cause extreme nausea on empty stomach)
Minute Maid Ice Pops
Cup of Noodle Soup
Ramon Noodles
Oreida Steam Fresh Mashed Potatoes
Fat Slurpee Straws
**NO MILK PRODUCTS!!
Colgate Spin Toothbrush

Day 1-4 I ate soft foods because of the pain, kept an ice pack to my throat 24/7 and ate LOTS of Minute Maid Ice Pops. Water was not a problem to drink as long as it was filled with ice. I stopped taking liquid pain killers during that time because they made me vomit even if I drank 3 cups of broth and had a full stomach. The pain is so intense and unique you want to cry so bad but can’t because that will hurt too. My crying spells came off and on throughout the first 4 days then came back on day 8-10. I’d take a 500 mg Tylenol with soup ever hour and a half, it didn’t make my stomach upset and took away a good amount of discomfort. A half a Dramamine before bed and you’ll be able to sleep a few hours while curving your upset stomach. AVOID MILK PRODUCTS! I don't know why they recommend such a thing but you will spend the next 4 hours hacking and clearing your throat, it will totally turn off members of the house and drive you crazy. I felt like I was going to choke on the thick mucus.
A spin brush is awesome! Since you can only open your mouth an inch or so, you can still brush your teeth and wipe your tongue. Makes all the difference after the variety of liquid medication they feed you.
By day 5 I was eating buttered toast, pierogies, fish sticks, other semi-hard foods cut extremely small and drank ice cold water or freeze pops on a regular basis. I read a few places that it helps loosen the scabs on the back of your throat if you eat foods with more texture – plus I hate pudding, yogurt, and jell-o. After eating and Tylenol the pain seemed to lower for a good 2 hours but would again return to a constant sharp and piercing sensation when I swallowed feeling like a toothpick was jammed sideways. Day 8 I woke with excruciating pain, felt like glass in the back of my throat and sharp stabbing pains up my neck into my ears. I’d compare it to when you’re out in the cold and your ears are so cold they hurt deep down inside X 20. The dr. called in Percocet 7 mg tablets. Those took away 80% of my pain but when I missed a dose – HOLY c**p! I read that is your nerves coming back in your neck. After about 48 hours for each ear it disappeared.
Day 10 I started eating almost all normal food with the exception of spicy, acidic, or extremely hard (spaghetti, pizza, Chinese, hoagies, etc). Steamed vegetables, baked chicken, split pea & ham soup, chicken pot pie, and hot pockets are some foods that went down well. The pain was more like a rough scratchy sore throat and I still had full scabs. Since I spent the first few days drinking liquids and could only eat about ½ cup of food per sitting I lost a total of 13 lbs.
Now, I’m on Day 14. I’m still eating most foods and avoiding the harsh ones listed above; pain is still a moderate sore throat (Tylenol works just fine for pain). The scabs have softened and are strictly in the pocket area no longer on the roof. What I’m confused/irritated about is the fact that I wake up in the morning and I can see most of the scab is off and the pink skin behind but, by 10-11 am the scabs have reformed thick in the pocket. If I use a Q-tip I can wipe them away easily with no pain but they still return. I see the doctor tomorrow so hopefully everything looks good. Has anyone experienced this or know what kind of timeline I’m looking at for them to be gone?

I am on day 20 and still have scabs reforming. When did your scabs disappear and when was your throat healed? Thank you.

I had my tonsil's removed as well

My scabs generally disappeared after a fortnight.

However I have had a friend who took a month to heal.

Using warm salty water twice a day as a mouth wash can help the healing process along dramatically.

Toast is a highly recommended food as well as it can help the scabs be "persuaded" into removing themselves quickly.

Generally, every one is different and we all heal at different rates. If by the time 30 days has come, and your throat is effectively fully covered in scabs, I recommend increasing your vitamin c levels with orange juice. If in another week, there would be no improvement, then I recommend seeing a doctor, however this is extremely unlikely.

Happy healing! :)

Day 20 for me and scabs are reforming too.... ????

Hi, did you fond out if it was normal? How did it ended? Because i am experiencing the same come back of the scabs

When did your scabs eventually fall off?

Hello my name is Maya and ok DAY 1. Wasn't bad I basically ate a Popsicle and slept the WHOLE DAY.
Day 2. MORE SLEEPING . Pain starting to kick in and I could barely talk.
Day 3 the pain was bad but not too bad I was sleeping a lot i was hungry family was eating amazing food as I suffered. I went to sleep a lot
Day 4. I ate a light grilled cheese made with mayonnaise and it didn't hurt at all the only problem was I had to drink my gatorade to really get it down.
Day 5. THE PAIN HAS ME CRYING. I'm starting to regret the surgery. Pain medecine is NOT WORKING!! I want FOOD!! I can't eat the Popsicles or drink because my throat is on fire !
Day 6: pain in ear and jaw !! Woke up at 5 am crying of the pain mostly on right side . My left side isn't giving me trouble at all. Can't sleep ready for this to be over. I can't swallow my pills anymore they hurt too much.
Day u 7 woke up at 4 am ears ringing !!! The pain is unbearable !!' My tongue is the worst of it all!! The sides feel like it's cut up and left for dry. My tongue is all white. I been watching food porn on Instagram to make me feel better. ( it's just videos of chocolate desert and food) my tongue still hurts I can't drink water ! The top of my gums feel like someone lit my mouth on fire and there's no scab there .

Hai. I'm Lizette. I had my tonsils removed on 21 September. I'm on day 16 now, but my scrabs use to come back. I eat almost anything since I'm close to my doc. But I haven't started taking g cool drinks and juice. They still irritate my throat.