I heard about this calorie restriction diet that is suppose to extend your lifespan or something. Is that even possible?

Watching over your weight and keeping it in normal range - no matter whether you do it by exercising, keeping a track of what you eat or you just have faster metabolism - will definitely help in preventing you from developing obesity-related diseases such as type 2 diabetes or high blood pressure.

The thing about calorie restriction diets is that they often go to the extreme, expecting you to live on 500 calories per day, and that alone could lead to developing conditions like iron deficiency anemia, vitamin deficiencies or food disorders. Besides, you need proteins to build and keep your muscles firm,

Wish you all the best,

Nicole

I think this diet has some sense to it but I don't think it can cause such conditions like iron deficiency, anemia...etc, if you take enough vitamins and essential nutrients. However, it's difficult to say if something is going to make your life last longer. There are so many variables in that equation to be able to prove it.

What you can do is avoid things that make your life shorter. Smoking, drinking, eating processed foods.