Hello. I'm 23 year old female and I'm interested to find out more about one thing. You see, just recently I have developed some skin problem on both corners of my mouth. They’re like some little sores which making my smiling and eating very difficult.
I've heard they are caused by something lacking in your diet. I haven’t noticed that I eat less then I eat before and that I'm missing something in my diet. One friend told me that it could be caused by some strong toothpaste. Is this true? What could I do to avoid this from happening?

Hello. I will tell you some stuff about this. I'm having problems with it for a long time and that’s why I know a bit about it.
Medical term for the problem you are experiencing is angular stomatitis. Your friend was right; it could be caused by your toothpaste.
Allergic reaction to some substance such as toothpaste or lipstick is one of the most common reasons of angular stomatitis. If this is a cause- solution is simple-change your toothpaste!
Beside this, there are many possible reasons of your stomatitis such as yeast infections, vitamin deficiencies, iron-deficiency anemia or poorly fitting dentures.
If your problem does not disappear after toothpaste change- I suggest you to contact your GP for further evaluation.

It is probably angular celitis (sp?). Basically a fungal infection on your lips. Its very difficult to treat and would recommend seeing a doctor to get a prescription. There is no magic bullet. Not sure on the cause but doubt its the toothpaste.

another tip, I had the same reaction from toothpaste and I think it was the whitening agent. Hard to find toothpaste without a whitener these days. Apply blistex or lipsyl to corners of your mouth prior to brushing and this acts as a protective barrier.