My husband was diagnosed with testicular cancer two weeks ago. The doctors have told him that he will need to go to surgery. I would appreciate if someone could tell me more about this cancer and about the centers for treating this disease. What is the best option?

Sorry to hear about your husband. I truly hope that the surgery will go ok. I will give you the information about the cancer, the basic things that you need to know. However, when it comes to centers where they treat cancer that is something you need to talk to your husband and doctor. I am sure that the center that your husband’s doctors have chosen is good. Testicular cancer is a rare disease in men caused by abnormal growth of cells of the testicle and this cancer is not a common cancer overall. It is responsible for less than one per cent of all cancer death but it is the most common cancer in men aged 20 to 34. The most common types of testicular cancer are seminoma (made up of a single type of cell) and teratoma (consist of more than one type of testicular cell). Orchidectomy or surgical removal of the affected testis is the normal treatment for testicular cancer.