I have a son 6 years old and doctor told me that he is suffering from ADHD. I was desperate because of that I didn't know what to say and what to do. Yesterday I heard from my very good friend that this disorder may be treated successfully so I would like to know if ADHD may be corrected in children.

Hi, my kid also suffers from ADHD. I was very upset because of that but I am very satisfied with her therapy now. Her doctor prescribed her stimulant medication which based on substance ephedrine and she reacted very well on it. She is calmed now, much better concentrated and feeling just fine. There was just one side effect which didn't last long and it was decrease of appetite but she overcome that soon.

There are a lot of different therapies available. If you aren't satisfied with the results you get from one, keep trying until you find the one that's right for your child. Some drugs that work great for one child might not be affective for another, and some that cause unacceptable side-effects in one child will be highly effective in another.

Pay close attention to how your child responds to a new treatment, but don't panic if there are side-effects. Often they are only temporary. Also, don't listen to the parents who say, "Don't use [a specific drug]! We tried it and the side-effects were terrible!" That's just their story and their child. For every case like that there are hundreds of other kids doing well on that same drug, but their parents just aren't talking about it.