Hello, folks. My brother’s son had some problems with the law. He went to a psychiatrist as the judge ordered and it seems he has antisocial disorder. I must admit that I haven’t heard about this before. I would like to know what the base of this is. I would appreciate all your replies.

Hello. The whole name is antisocial personality disorder or ASP. There are several theories what could cause this. The first theory says that ASP is caused by abnormalities in the development of the nervous system. There are also learning disorders, hyperactivity and persistent bedwetting that follow. Smoking during pregnancy was also showed to be one of the causes in recent studies. Abnormal brain functioning was also found on brain imaging within people with ASP. Social and home environment can also be blamed for this. As you can see, there are many factors. It is probably that there is more than one factor that is responsible for ASP. I hope this helped. Bye!