After I had some pretty bad side effects from steroids I used for most time to help reduce psoriasis spots, I’m currently now just on UV light therapy and I’m trying to see if changing my diet and adding supplements that would help in fighting the inflammation. Even though I don’t think I’m gluten intolerant, I cut off majority of gluten rich foods, and I try to eat as little processed foods as possible, but so far I didn’t really notice any major effects. My dermatologist recommended me to take fish oil supplement, but she was pretty un-informative and didn’t seem to think I should take anything else. Besides regular multivitamin, are there any other anti-inflammatory supplements that I should consider taking?

All suggestions are more than welcome!

I think your dermatologist will agree that you could benefit from vitamin D supplement. Also, there is one somewhat recommended supplement Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM) that is supposed to help protect the connective tissue and help in preventing psoriatic arthritis from developing, but some people say that it helps, some say it doesn’t, but there is not too much official research on it either. Another supplement that helps prevent psoriatic arthritis is glucosamine supplement, it’s available at pretty much anywhere. Depending on which fish oil supplement you’re taking you might not need additional omega 3 fatty acids supplement. Overall, it might also help you to keep food diary and see if there are some specific foods that you react to s you can avoid them in future.

Wish you all the best,

Nicole