I run 12-15 miles per week. I have problem with my knees. I was suggested to use Glucosamine to reduce joint aches. I'm 42, female, and I am not overweight. I can’t run two days in a row because of the injury of the knees and ankles. Can you tell me is Glucosamine good as advertised and if so what dosage would you recommend?

Some doctors recommend chrondroitin as the key to a good Glucosamine supplement, so you may consider taking Glucosamine, Chrondrotin and MSM. 1500mg of Glucosamine is a usual dosage. There are no definite conclusions as to the effectiveness of this supplement. Some people claimed that it helped them while others reported no progress at all. You should back off when training and give your knees a chance to recover. After that you can resume taking care to not overly stress your knees again. Also you should perform a complimentary set of exercises that will strengthen the surrounding structures of the knees. One thing that can help you in the long run is flaxseed. Amazingly, taking 4-6 tablespoonfuls of ground flaxseed every day for some 6 – 12 months can permanently recover knee and joints and relieve the pain.